For the price this hotel has it all. When we looked to book a room for our St Thomas trip this was the second cheapest option on the entire island. It was also literally walking distance from the airport. If you landed at the STT airport with 2 bags each you would without a doubt not need a cab to get here at all. We stayed here our first 2 nights of a week long trip. It really worked as a good place for us to get our bearings. We were able to easily eat dinner in nearby Frenchtown and downtown Charlotte Amalie was close.
As far as the hotel itself, it has great location, very clean room. Nice hot showers in a perfect size bathroom. We were able to watch 2 final 4 games on the TV as well. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. Check in and check out were quick and a breeze. In addition to the standard room key card they also were trying out a new room key in the form of a rubber wristband. I personally wore it out swimming in the ocean for a day and in the pool and when returning to the room i put it up against the sensor and the room unlocked. A pretty awesome alternative to a room key. Our room was on the first floor and did not have quite the view that some of the others on the first floor had, but that was ok. When leaving the lobby you cross a small driveway and come to a set of steps that leads to a private beach area, swimming pool, and a bar that has bot food and drinks. And the pool is right on the water. The night time view of the lit houses on the hills is amazing from this area.
We paid about $140 per night for 2 weekend night stays from hotel dot com and thought it was a great value. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE BEST WESTERN CARIB BEACH RESORT offers you the best value and the closest location to the airport in St. Thomas. Newly renovated, Carib Beach is just steps away from the airport,a few minutes walk to the breathtaking turquoise waters of Lindbergh Bay Beach and 2.5 miles from downtown and duty-free shopping. Known as one of St.Thomas's landmarks, Carib Beach offers you a variety of newly renovated non-smoking rooms to choose from all with private patios or balconies,flat screen T.V.'s,premium channels, coffeemaker,in room safes, iron and ironing boards, A/C and complimentary WIFI. Resort amenities include a freshwater pool overlooking the Caribbean, beach area,complimentary parking, game room, meeting facilities, tour desk, cyber corner in the lobby and a Monday Night Managers Cocktail Party. Our beach side restaurant and bar Fajita's offers you a panoramic view of Lindbergh Bay and serves up breakfast and dinner 7 days a week. Enjoy our scrumptious breakfast buffet or our made to order breakfast menu. Come sun setting with us and sip on the best Margarita's on the island as well as the best Mexican food rated by locals and visitors alike!Carib Beach; secluded, peaceful and overlooking the Caribbean Sea is your home away from home in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Carib Beach Hotel St. Thomas
- St Thomas Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands