Let me start by stating what this hotel is not. It is not the Ritz Carlton or any other 5 star resort, nor does the company make the claim that it is. What this hotel is is an excellent caribbean hotel on beautiful Lindbergh Bay in St. Thomas. Yes, it is older than some resorts but what it lacks in modern decor it more than makes up for with excellent service and reasonable prices. The front desk staff, especially Nicky, were extremely helpful with all of our needs and went out of there way to make sure that we were happy with our room and service. In response to some of the other reviews, my girlfriend and I never saw any cockroaches and our room was clean and cool on our arrival (yes, the air conditioning worked fine).
My girlfriend and I are both RN's from Boston and expect to receive the service and amenities that we pay for. We dine out often in the city and therefore have some experience eating at a variety of establishments, from hole in the wall, mom and pop restaurants to the Top of the Hub in Copley Plaza. We can both honestly state that the food in the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced, and the bar was fantastic. Our bar tender, Kirk from Denver, was absolutely fantastic. His drinks were excellent, especially the pain killers and Gin and tonics, and he took the time to speak with and get to know his customers, even on the night that he was short staffed and was serving the customers in the restaurant.
In closing I would like to state that we highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a clean, reasonably priced, and convenient place to stay that is close to the center of town without being in the city. However, if you are the type of person that is used to a mint on your pillow or a bidet in your bathroom, then this is probably not the place for you. As a matter of fact, your presence there would probably destroy the relaxing and wonderful ambience that we so much enjoyed there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE BEST WESTERN CARIB BEACH RESORT offers you the best value and the closest location to the airport in St. Thomas. Newly renovated, Carib Beach is just steps away from the airport,a few minutes walk to the breathtaking turquoise waters of Lindbergh Bay Beach and 2.5 miles from downtown and duty-free shopping. Known as one of St.Thomas's landmarks, Carib Beach offers you a variety of newly renovated non-smoking rooms to choose from all with private patios or balconies,flat screen T.V.'s,premium channels, coffeemaker,in room safes, iron and ironing boards, A/C and complimentary WIFI. Resort amenities include a freshwater pool overlooking the Caribbean, beach area,complimentary parking, game room, meeting facilities, tour desk, cyber corner in the lobby and a Monday Night Managers Cocktail Party. Our beach side restaurant and bar Fajita's offers you a panoramic view of Lindbergh Bay and serves up breakfast and dinner 7 days a week. Enjoy our scrumptious breakfast buffet or our made to order breakfast menu. Come sun setting with us and sip on the best Margarita's on the island as well as the best Mexican food rated by locals and visitors alike!Carib Beach; secluded, peaceful and overlooking the Caribbean Sea is your home away from home in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Priceline and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Carib Beach Hotel St. Thomas
- St Thomas Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands