We stayed at this hotel for one night before taking the ferry to St. John for a week. The room wasn't fancy, but it was nice enough, large and clean. No issues there. The room had a large patio that would have had a nice view of the water if not for the foliage in front of it. The check in was easy. I think the guy working the desk's name was Shone. Not sure if that's right, but he was very helpful. The hotel had free wifi. We ate at Fajita's for dinner and then for breakfast the next morning. It was fine. It has a nice view of a calm bay. I checked out the beach, but it was after dark. It appeared to be sand along a seawall with a series of steps that allowed entry into the water. There was also a pool.
My verdict is that I will stay here again when I use St. Thomas as a hub for getting to other Virgin Islands. It is one of the more reasonable options and it is really almost walking distance to the airport which is nice when you have been traveling all day. We had lunch at the Best Western Emerald Bay on the way back to the airport. This property is more resort like in my opinion. I didn't see the rooms, but the property just looked a little nicer overall, the restaurant was nicer, and the beach was significantly nicer. For a one night stop, the Carib Beach Resort is fine, but if I was going to spend more time there and was choosing between the two, I think Emerald Bay would win.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE BEST WESTERN CARIB BEACH RESORT offers you the best value and the closest location to the airport in St. Thomas. Newly renovated, Carib Beach is just steps away from the airport,a few minutes walk to the breathtaking turquoise waters of Lindbergh Bay Beach and 2.5 miles from downtown and duty-free shopping. Known as one of St.Thomas's landmarks, Carib Beach offers you a variety of newly renovated non-smoking rooms to choose from all with private patios or balconies,flat screen T.V.'s,premium channels, coffeemaker,in room safes, iron and ironing boards, A/C and complimentary WIFI. Resort amenities include a freshwater pool overlooking the Caribbean, beach area,complimentary parking, game room, meeting facilities, tour desk, cyber corner in the lobby and a Monday Night Managers Cocktail Party. Our beach side restaurant and bar Fajita's offers you a panoramic view of Lindbergh Bay and serves up breakfast and dinner 7 days a week. Enjoy our scrumptious breakfast buffet or our made to order breakfast menu. Come sun setting with us and sip on the best Margarita's on the island as well as the best Mexican food rated by locals and visitors alike!Carib Beach; secluded, peaceful and overlooking the Caribbean Sea is your home away from home in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Carib Beach Hotel St. Thomas
- St Thomas Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands