“Good Transition Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   70-C Lindbergh Bay, Charlotte Amalie 00802, St. Thomas   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
pgh
“Good Transition Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed in this hotel because our flight arrived to late to pick up our car rental. The hotel is a very short walk from the airport (if you don't have tons of luggage to cary).We arrived around 5pm and had enough time to take a dip in the ocean before it got dark. We walked to the Best Western Emerald Beach Resort for dinner. Grabbed breakfast at the hotel before we left. The view from the restaurant was awesome but the food was just ok. Our room and the hotel were clean and the staff was very accomodating and friendly. When the front desk staff seen us walking to take a swim they offered us a beach towel, which was an added bonus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BWCaribBeach, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Good Transition Hotel,

On behalf of our entire staff we would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your recent stay with us.

We try in every way possible to offer each guest the finest in service, forever mindful that our Guests deserve the best treatment and value. We appreciate your comments whoch helsp us provide better service to all guest in the future.

Once again thank you for choosing the Best Western Carib Beach Resort and Happy Holidays!

Kanema Ayala- Abraham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
De Kalb, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

For the price and proximity to the airport it was ok. We were staying for our last night prior to flying home. The hotel is older and dated but the majority of the staff were friendly and helpful. The only issue we had was with the driver, Martin, of the shuttle to the sister property, Emerald Beach. When my wife, daughters, 13 and 11, and I were returning from Emerald Beach Martin chose to give a ride to a fellow employee and allowed her to sit in the front seat while putting an elderly couple all the way in the back and then telling the four of us to sit in the middle two captains chairs. I originally told him we would wait and asked if he would come back and get us. He grunted and motioned to the van and "said it'll be ok". If we weren't all so tired we would have just walked instead of getting in the minivan with him.

Later that evening when we were getting ready to go over to the Emerald Beach for dinner we saw the van parked out front of our hotel. Martin was removing something from the van and my wife politely asked him how long until he goes back to the Emerald. He chose to reply rudely "when I'm done with this". We chose to stay and eat at Fajita's for that evening.

You definitely get what you pay for. Our room was a non-smoking room that appeared to have been converted from a smoking room. Our luggage and clothing all smell like smoke now and have to be cleaned.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BWCaribBeach, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear, Dale

We thank you for choosing the BW Carib Beach Resort for your trip , I am truly sorry and my sincere apologies for the experience you had with the driver and should have been an easy transition and
better behavior on the part of the driver. This has been addressed to all parties involved so we can better serve all guest in the future. We do not allow any or lack thereof from any of our employees
our goal is to ensure all guest has superior service and pleasurable stay while staying with us.

I truly hope you accept my sincere apologies to you and your family for the experience and hope this will not deter you from choosing another Best Western property in the future.

Thank you once again and Happy Holidays!

Kanema Ayala-Abraham
BW Carib Beach Resort
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at Carib beach last month for a few nights. This was my first time staying at this property and I was pleasantly surprised. I am familiar with the hotels on St. Thomas and chose this hotel since my stay was short and the price was right!

The service I received from the front desk staff was superb... Kudos to the General Manager and her staff for looking our for your guest!
After reading the reviews, my concern was the warm water. I had no problem with taking well needed warm water baths (I do NOT like cold water baths at all)
The view of the ocean from our room was beautiful.
There were no elevators that we were able to use to take us to our room, so let's just say, I did a bit of walking however it was not out of the way or to far.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel.. it is not a 5 star property but it was PERFECT for my short stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWCaribBeach, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your review, we are actively making the necessary changes and are
appreciative of all our guests feedback this information helps us to better our service in areas that need immediate attention and also go beyond our guest expectations. We are glad you made us part of the trip here to St. Thomas.

I will use the feedback and inform the staff of the appreciation you expressed of their service and
hospitality. Please continue to view our upcoming specials and deals you can track us through
Facebook BW Carib Beach Resort and bw.com to take advantage of our great deals.

Again thank you for choosing the BW Carib Beach Resort and we hope to see you soon on your next trip to St. Thomas. Have a great Winter!

Kanema Ayala- Abraham
BW Carib Beach Resort
1(340)774-2525 ext. 1
Manati, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very nice hotel,beautiful views, nice bedrooms very comfortable. You feel you're in paradise when you wake up in the morning and you see the sunrise, the mountains and the beach all toghether. The hotel is close to the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the beach
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BWCaribBeach, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Carib Beach.
I have reported your remark about our carpet to the General Manager and Maintenance Supervisor and apologise for the impression that left.
I am happy that you did enjoy both your room and our restaurant and look forward to having you stay with us again when you travel to St. Thomas.
Kind regards,
Debi Gerson-Locke
Director of Sales and Marketing
sales_marketing@caribbeachresort.com
340-774-2525, ext 5010
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Yes, this is right by the airport. You can literally walk to the airport in less than a minute. The appearance of this hotel is like a motel. No, elevator so hopefully you are in good shape. The carpet in the hallway were torn and dirty. Surprisingly, the rooms are decent. Had the ocean view so not much complain there. This hotel is great for business traveler like myself. I only need a clean room to sleep. This hotel does not have beach access but you can use the beach at the Best Western Emerald.

The cafe bar at this place isn't too bad. Decent price for beer and liquor and the food is okay too. If you are coming to St. Thomas for family vacation stay at the Emerald.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had a great stay here when I was in on business. Sean at the front desk helped me choose a room, helped me with my bag, and gave me a phone call letting me know that it is mosquito season and that they recommend keeping the balcony door closed when you go out to enjoy the (stunning) view. When noisy neighbors moved in next door, Kaleisha helped me change rooms so that I could enjoy peace and quiet as well as the beach view--as a light sleeper, this makes a huge difference for me. When I took a little bit longer to get ready in the morning, housekeeping was kind and flexible and told me it was "no problem!" for her to come back later. For the rest of my stay, the front desk greeted me every time I walked by, took my postcards for the mail pickup, and helped me arrange additional nights to stay. There are multiple wireless connections and I never lost wifi service anywhere on the property. Esprit at the bar is GREAT, and helped me feel comfortable even dining alone, the necessary evil of business travel. I wish I'd gotten the server's name at Saturday breakfast (9/15), because she was also wonderful. I can't emphasize enough how hard the staff worked to make my stay a pleasant one. Thank you for making my time in St. Thomas so comfortable!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
I really appreciated reading how you were taken care of from the time you arrived with Sean and Kaleshia to the housekeepers responding to your requests. Kudos to Espirit and the rest of restaurant staff for making you feel welcome. As a frequent solo traveller myself, I know how important it is to not feel isolated when dining alone.
I am going to make sure everyone gets a copy of this review and it will be posted for all to read.
Again, thank you and we look foirward to welcoming you back on your next visit to St.Thomas.
Kind regards,
Debi Gerson-Locke
Director of Sales and Marketing
sales_marketing@caribbeachresort.com
340-774-2525, ext 5010
Niwot, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel was bad. The rooms are small and old. It has the saddest/smallest hotel pool I have ever seen. It is a two story hotel with no elevator and no staff is going to help you lug your bags up the stairs. It has a "restaurant" that is really a bar with a little bit of food and they don't serve breakfast. Not even sure they have lunch. It has a "sister" hotel a five minute shuttle ride away. This other Best Western is slightly better but not much. The food was average, the soda was flat and the prices were high. Again, it has a decent view. Both hotel areas feel crowded and cramped. Shuttle between hotels reported to run every hour but only runs if you request it. Staff was not helpful when dealing with concerns or needs. I went to the "sister hotel" for lunch on the day I was checking out and got back after 12 due to their shuttle being late. Go upstairs to my room and I am locked out. Apparently the keys shut off exactly at 12 (check out). Fine if the shuttle was going to be consistent but it's not. One benefit is the hotel is VERY (walking distance without heavy bags) to the airport. Glad I was only there one night.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort? Share your experiences!