For the price and proximity to the airport it was ok. We were staying for our last night prior to flying home. The hotel is older and dated but the majority of the staff were friendly and helpful. The only issue we had was with the driver, Martin, of the shuttle to the sister property, Emerald Beach. When my wife, daughters, 13 and 11, and I were returning from Emerald Beach Martin chose to give a ride to a fellow employee and allowed her to sit in the front seat while putting an elderly couple all the way in the back and then telling the four of us to sit in the middle two captains chairs. I originally told him we would wait and asked if he would come back and get us. He grunted and motioned to the van and "said it'll be ok". If we weren't all so tired we would have just walked instead of getting in the minivan with him.
Later that evening when we were getting ready to go over to the Emerald Beach for dinner we saw the van parked out front of our hotel. Martin was removing something from the van and my wife politely asked him how long until he goes back to the Emerald. He chose to reply rudely "when I'm done with this". We chose to stay and eat at Fajita's for that evening.
You definitely get what you pay for. Our room was a non-smoking room that appeared to have been converted from a smoking room. Our luggage and clothing all smell like smoke now and have to be cleaned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE BEST WESTERN CARIB BEACH RESORT offers you the best value and the closest location to the airport in St. Thomas. Newly renovated, Carib Beach is just steps away from the airport,a few minutes walk to the breathtaking turquoise waters of Lindbergh Bay Beach and 2.5 miles from downtown and duty-free shopping. Known as one of St.Thomas's landmarks, Carib Beach offers you a variety of newly renovated non-smoking rooms to choose from all with private patios or balconies,flat screen T.V.'s,premium channels, coffeemaker,in room safes, iron and ironing boards, A/C and complimentary WIFI. Resort amenities include a freshwater pool overlooking the Caribbean, beach area,complimentary parking, game room, meeting facilities, tour desk, cyber corner in the lobby and a Monday Night Managers Cocktail Party. Our beach side restaurant and bar Fajita's offers you a panoramic view of Lindbergh Bay and serves up breakfast and dinner 7 days a week. Enjoy our scrumptious breakfast buffet or our made to order breakfast menu. Come sun setting with us and sip on the best Margarita's on the island as well as the best Mexican food rated by locals and visitors alike!Carib Beach; secluded, peaceful and overlooking the Caribbean Sea is your home away from home in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Carib Beach Hotel St. Thomas
- St Thomas Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands