“Walking distrance from the airport - great price, excellent service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort

You added BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   70-C Lindbergh Bay, Charlotte Amalie 00802, St. Thomas   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
atlanta
“Walking distrance from the airport - great price, excellent service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at Carib beach last month for a few nights. This was my first time staying at this property and I was pleasantly surprised. I am familiar with the hotels on St. Thomas and chose this hotel since my stay was short and the price was right!

The service I received from the front desk staff was superb... Kudos to the General Manager and her staff for looking our for your guest!
After reading the reviews, my concern was the warm water. I had no problem with taking well needed warm water baths (I do NOT like cold water baths at all)
The view of the ocean from our room was beautiful.
There were no elevators that we were able to use to take us to our room, so let's just say, I did a bit of walking however it was not out of the way or to far.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel.. it is not a 5 star property but it was PERFECT for my short stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWCaribBeach, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your review, we are actively making the necessary changes and are
appreciative of all our guests feedback this information helps us to better our service in areas that need immediate attention and also go beyond our guest expectations. We are glad you made us part of the trip here to St. Thomas.

I will use the feedback and inform the staff of the appreciation you expressed of their service and
hospitality. Please continue to view our upcoming specials and deals you can track us through
Facebook BW Carib Beach Resort and bw.com to take advantage of our great deals.

Again thank you for choosing the BW Carib Beach Resort and we hope to see you soon on your next trip to St. Thomas. Have a great Winter!

Kanema Ayala- Abraham
BW Carib Beach Resort
1(340)774-2525 ext. 1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Manati, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very nice hotel,beautiful views, nice bedrooms very comfortable. You feel you're in paradise when you wake up in the morning and you see the sunrise, the mountains and the beach all toghether. The hotel is close to the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the beach
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BWCaribBeach, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Carib Beach.
I have reported your remark about our carpet to the General Manager and Maintenance Supervisor and apologise for the impression that left.
I am happy that you did enjoy both your room and our restaurant and look forward to having you stay with us again when you travel to St. Thomas.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Yes, this is right by the airport. You can literally walk to the airport in less than a minute. The appearance of this hotel is like a motel. No, elevator so hopefully you are in good shape. The carpet in the hallway were torn and dirty. Surprisingly, the rooms are decent. Had the ocean view so not much complain there. This hotel is great for business traveler like myself. I only need a clean room to sleep. This hotel does not have beach access but you can use the beach at the Best Western Emerald.

The cafe bar at this place isn't too bad. Decent price for beer and liquor and the food is okay too. If you are coming to St. Thomas for family vacation stay at the Emerald.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had a great stay here when I was in on business. Sean at the front desk helped me choose a room, helped me with my bag, and gave me a phone call letting me know that it is mosquito season and that they recommend keeping the balcony door closed when you go out to enjoy the (stunning) view. When noisy neighbors moved in next door, Kaleisha helped me change rooms so that I could enjoy peace and quiet as well as the beach view--as a light sleeper, this makes a huge difference for me. When I took a little bit longer to get ready in the morning, housekeeping was kind and flexible and told me it was "no problem!" for her to come back later. For the rest of my stay, the front desk greeted me every time I walked by, took my postcards for the mail pickup, and helped me arrange additional nights to stay. There are multiple wireless connections and I never lost wifi service anywhere on the property. Esprit at the bar is GREAT, and helped me feel comfortable even dining alone, the necessary evil of business travel. I wish I'd gotten the server's name at Saturday breakfast (9/15), because she was also wonderful. I can't emphasize enough how hard the staff worked to make my stay a pleasant one. Thank you for making my time in St. Thomas so comfortable!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
I really appreciated reading how you were taken care of from the time you arrived with Sean and Kaleshia to the housekeepers responding to your requests. Kudos to Espirit and the rest of restaurant staff for making you feel welcome. As a frequent solo traveller myself, I know how important it is to not feel isolated when dining alone.
I am going to make sure everyone gets a copy of this review and it will be posted for all to read.
Again, thank you and we look foirward to welcoming you back on your next visit to St.Thomas.
Niwot, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel was bad. The rooms are small and old. It has the saddest/smallest hotel pool I have ever seen. It is a two story hotel with no elevator and no staff is going to help you lug your bags up the stairs. It has a "restaurant" that is really a bar with a little bit of food and they don't serve breakfast. Not even sure they have lunch. It has a "sister" hotel a five minute shuttle ride away. This other Best Western is slightly better but not much. The food was average, the soda was flat and the prices were high. Again, it has a decent view. Both hotel areas feel crowded and cramped. Shuttle between hotels reported to run every hour but only runs if you request it. Staff was not helpful when dealing with concerns or needs. I went to the "sister hotel" for lunch on the day I was checking out and got back after 12 due to their shuttle being late. Go upstairs to my room and I am locked out. Apparently the keys shut off exactly at 12 (check out). Fine if the shuttle was going to be consistent but it's not. One benefit is the hotel is VERY (walking distance without heavy bags) to the airport. Glad I was only there one night.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I took a "bump" to a next day flight from Continental (United) airlines which included staying at this beachfront yet airport centric hotel. The deal I got from the airline was really great and upon check-in were given a choice of 2 styles of room. I selected a Queen bed 2nd floor balcony over the far end of the bay. The room was quiet and had a great view. We were also given each 2 drink slips and told if we needed more feel free to come back and ask for some. The hotel isn't a 5 star but it also doesn't claim to be. The airport noise is almost nonexistent and the beach is quite beautiful. A bunch of us that took the bump to the next day got together for drinks and eats. We drank and drank and ate and ate. Each of us having $30 towards food and drink helped a lot. Typically alcohol wasn't allowed to go towards the voucher but the bartender/waiter gave us a 3-4-1 deal using the food voucher so we left a rather generous tip. The room was pretty clean and simple. The bed was comfortable. I wouldn't imagine a week long stay to be ideal here BUT for a 1-2 night before a cruise or for a flight before heading to another island this location is pretty ideal.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. If you had to be bumped, glad that US Air bumped you to Carib Beach and that you had a great time!
Please keep us in mind as your go to hotel the next time you visit St. Thomas!
sales_marketing@emeraldbeach.com
Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on August 29th. I took a taxi from the airport which cost me $8 ($4 plus $2 per bag). The hotel is a 200 yard walk or so. I walked to the airport when I checked out. I got my room right away when I showed up but had to figure out how to turn on the A/C since I had to manipulate many buttons on the remote. I also had a mosquito in my room all night. My only complaint was the fact that I had low water pressure for a while and all the TV channels would come and go as they pleased. I would stay here again. There is also a way to get $50 back if you stay here and save your receipt. Lastly, there is a Mexican bar across from the hotel. I ordered a Mexican burger which was decent and a strawberry smoothie which is more of a strawberry freeze.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
BWCaribBeach, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for your review of Carib Beach Resort.
I apolngize for the inconveniences you listed during your stay with us, however I am happy to note they will not deter you from booking with us again.
340-642-8952
BEST WESTERN PLUS Emerald Beach
#4 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie
4.0 of 5 stars 985 reviews
Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort

Been to BEST WESTERN Carib Beach Resort? Share your experiences!