Living in St Croix on a extended engineering job and had to travel to St Thomas for a couple of days for business. Picked the Windward because it was centrally located and near the company I am working for. Called 4 days in advance to make sure I got the company rate. Was told by the person I spoke with that it had to be taken care of in person at the hotel. I asked should I book online to hold the room, or just wait until I get there to book. The person (sorry forgot the name) I spoke to said, no problem, book online and make sure you let them know who you are working for and they will give you the corporate rate. WRONG. When I checked in I informed the front desk, and got the following: 1. No, I do cannot do that, since I am not authorized to change your rate after you book it. 2. The only person able to do that is not available. 3. You can talk to the desk in the morning and I am sure they will fix it for you. Fast Forward to check out. Same response for 1 and 2 that I got from the night desk clerk. Then of course they wanted to argue with me about the bill. I told them just give me the bill and I will deal with the corporate office.
In general the hotel was nice, rooms were clean, beds were good.
Just don't walk two blocks behind the hotel because you will be in a neighborhood that you would not want to be in at night.
Either way my story turns out, I will not be staying at this hotel again for any of the trips to St Thomas. There should be a manager onsite at all times at a resort hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windward Passage Hotel is truly your bargain in paradise. We are perfect for business travelers and the ideal choice for short stays and shopping trips. Centrally located, overlooking the picturesque Charlotte Amalie harbor, we are within walking distance of the major downtown shopping district and an even shorter walk away from the ferry and seaplane docks for transit to nearby islands. Transfer to the beaches is convenient for all our guests, so they miss out on nothing on our tropical island. Our Ocean View Rooms boast a breath-taking view of the harbor and our staff is courteous and friendly. We are constantly updating and improving our facilities to serve you better. You are welcome to stop by and pay us a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Windward Passage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlotte Amalie Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Charlotte Amalie
- Windward Passage Hotel St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands