My husband and I stayed in this place once before. The tropics are just that. Expect the open air halls to be wet from rain and the island attitude, everything/everyone is slow, it's called "island time". What's the rush? You're on vacation! If you wanted 5 star then you should go out and pay for 5 star. Remember, you're on St. Thomas so everything is expensive, if you expect to pay less than $200 per night, you get what you pay for. Yes, the cable goes out when it rains but the cable goes out on islandwide, there's nothing you can do about it. Would I stay here again? Yes, probably will, the room was clean, the people were nice, the price was right. I am from the islands, so I totally understand what it's like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windward Passage Hotel is truly your bargain in paradise. We are perfect for business travelers and the ideal choice for short stays and shopping trips. Centrally located, overlooking the picturesque Charlotte Amalie harbor, we are within walking distance of the major downtown shopping district and an even shorter walk away from the ferry and seaplane docks for transit to nearby islands. Transfer to the beaches is convenient for all our guests, so they miss out on nothing on our tropical island. Our Ocean View Rooms boast a breath-taking view of the harbor and our staff is courteous and friendly. We are constantly updating and improving our facilities to serve you better. You are welcome to stop by and pay us a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Windward Passage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlotte Amalie Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Charlotte Amalie
- Windward Passage Hotel St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands