We stayed here for 7 nights on our trip to St. Thomas. It is close to downtown shops and restaurants. Room was very clean, maid service was excellent every day fresh towels and beds made. Balcony had a great view of town and the bay. Breakfast was very good, made to order with 3 options (2 eggs scrambled or fried with 2 slices of toast and 2 pieces bacon or sausage) (3 pancakes with 2 bacon or sausage) (Fruit plate had 3 diff types of fruit and a bagel or muffin). All come with choice of orange juice or cranberry juice. Tea and coffee ready at 7am, breakfast served to your table between 8 to 930.
Internet is not free here but you can pay for it if you need it. Pool looked nice but we didn't use it.
The hotel offered us beach towels for use outside of the hotel.
You can buy cold drinks and snacks at the front desk and I even heard the owner offer to bring more drinks to the pool if anyone needed more.
All in all, this hotel was comfortable, quiet and very close to town. Friendly staff, great service and good location will bring me back to this place again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galleon House is a quaint, small hotel on Government Hill in downtown Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas. Enjoy your complimentary home cooked breakfast on the verandah with gorgeous views of downtown and the harbor. We are walking distance to the ferries to St John and British Virgin Islands as well as all the bars, restaurants and fantastic shopping that St Thomas is known for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Galleon House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleon House Bed And Breakfast
- Galleon House Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Galleon House St Thomas
- Galleon House Bed & Breakfast St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands