We stayed in the hilltop villas for a week. The room we stayed in had recently updated furniture and bedding. However, some older aspects of the room were still present. There were a couple cracked floor tiles and the microwave, while it worked, was manufactured in 1987. Overall, nothing that affected the quality of the stay. The studio room was big enough for us to be comfortable for a week. The small kitchenette was just enough space to cook a few simple meals and save some money by eating in. There were dishes and common kitchen tools available in the room. The hotel is up a large hill from the town, so don't plan to walk around too much. We found that walking down the hill to town and taking a cab back up was the way to go. We tried to walk up the hill once, and never did again. All the folks at the hotel were kind. The Cabana Bar had reasonably priced, good food. Check in was a little slow, but remember, when you're on St. Thomas, you're on "island time". The concierge was very helpful. Hotel events (tour, beach shuttle) were convenient and the hotel's taxi driver is a wonderful guy. Overall, it was a great stay. My advice is this: if you're expecting the nicest hotel you'll ever stay at, this is not it. If you're looking to a quality, less expensive place to sleep after enjoying a day on the beach, you've found the right place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bluebeard's Castle is an historic property dating back to the 1600's. The resort occupies an entire hilltop with spectacular views overlooking the harbor and town of Charlotte Amalie. Its signature red rooftops are among the first sights for arriving cruise passengers.The resort includes a centuries-old fortress bearing the name "Bluebeard," after the infamous pirate, and check-in takes place in the former residence of the Danish governor of the island. This tropical paradise is the perfect place for a private getaway as it is set on a secluded hilltop and overlooks the harbor of St. Thomas. Bluebeard's Castle is centrally located in the most desirable part of the island with world class shopping minutes away. With only a short drive from some of the most popular beaches in the Caribbean where you can enjoy boating, scuba diving, snorkeling and windsurfing. The island itself offers a wonderful assortment of duty-free shopping, world-class restaurants (including the top-rated ROOM WITH A VIEW on location!), hot night spots, and a variety of local flavor to satisfy every taste. This resort features history, breathtaking views, and easy access to town. Beaches are literally minutes away so you can visit them all including easy ferry rides to St. John and the British Virgin Islands (Tortola and Virgin Gorda). You will see why owners at the resort are passionate about their units. It is this passion that will once again be the reason that Bluebeard's Castle will become a sought after destination resort. Many lucky RCI members will take advantage of this now! The resort is in the midst of a historic multi-million dollar remodel that will change all that you have heard. The proof is found in our regular maintenance reports as well as our news and picture sections. Also, schedules of on-resort dining are now posted in these reports. Owners are excited about what the future holds and you should be as well. Spread the word. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bluebeard's Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebeards Castle Charlotte Amalie
- Hotel Bluebeards Castle
- Bluebeards Castle St Thomas
- Bluebeard's Castle Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands