We just spent five days at the Frenchman's Reef. The accommodations were very acceptable from a person who has high expectations from Marriott. The grounds were well kept, even during the current renovation work. Our room was clean and comfortable. I am very picky about where I'm going to be sleeping and bathing. While the bathrooms are small, the rooms are spacious. The housekeeping services and staff were very good.
We found all of the staff to be extremely pleasant and helpful. We were a bit leary after reading some of the reviews on this site but were pleasantly surprised to find otherwise. From the time we checked in on Sunday afternoon to our checkout on Friday we were always treated with a smile and a greeting appropriate to the time of day. Many asked how we were enjoying our trip and wished us well.
The food at the restaurants was average. Nothing exceptional. Always a good selection at the breakfast buffet and the staff willing to make your eggs or omelet to meet your request. However, the meals are costly at all the restaurants. But if you know that going in you aren't shocked the first time you see a menu. The staff in all the restaurants were pleasant and prompt.
The beach at Morningstar is wonderful. We were there in off season and when the cruise ships weren't in, we had the beach almost to ourselves. The beach is clean and provides all the necessary amenities; towels, restaurant, restrooms, umbrellas, lounge chairs, float & other water rentals, etc. We spent much of our time at the beach. When we first arrived at the hotel one of the pools at Frenchman's Reef was being worked on but by mid-week they had it back in service. The pools are nice and also provide all the necessary amenities along with a beautiful view of the Sea and the ships coming and going.
We did not rent a car as we didn't feel adventursome driving on the left side of the road. Maybe during our next visit, especially if it is off-season (less traffic). However, transportation did eat up a lot of our money. Again, knowing that upfront we were prepared for it. The ferry from the hotel to Charlotte Amalie was great. Wish they had a ferry to the other shopping area too. We travelled by taxi when going out to dinner or to see other areas of St. Thomas. The drivers were always very nice and decent drivers. Many of them like to share their stories with you if you start the conversation.
Don't be afraid of the iguanas around the hotel. They won't bother you and if it seems they don't want to move from the sidewalk or stairs as you are approaching, don't worry....they do!
We would definitely stay here again during our future visits to St. Thomas, unless we decide to purchase one of the timeshares.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Frenchman's Reef Resort has just completed a $48 Million Dollar Renovation, and is now open and all new and refreshed. Now featuring clean crisp new guest rooms, with flat screen TVs. All new resort experience featuring a new resort infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool and bar; and private spa pool. Our all new Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private pool spa with cabanas. Aqua Terra is our new restuarant at Frenchman's Reef which features spectaular views of the harbor. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort; and discover the most luxurious stay in the US Vigin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.