We spent to 2 nights at morning star beach area of the property. Beautiful views and amazing ocean front location . You will not find a nicer pool setup and everywhere you turn from walkways to restaurants you will be stunned by the gorgeous views of st Thomas and the Caribbean ocean. That said, that will be the one and only highlight of this property. The rooms are very tired, bathrooms grungy, no electrical outlets, room keys never worked and overall has a rundown feeling. We put up with it all because we had such a beautiful location. What was bigger turn off then the datedness of the property, was the staff. They were rude as I have seen or experienced in many years. They were indifferent condescending and really felt
Like you were putting them out when you even asked simple questions such as 'what is my room rate?' We would be locked out of our room 4-5 times a day and instead of someone escorting us to the room to see if the new key worked, we would have to keep running back and forth to get
New ones. We finally stationed a family member at the front desk to wait for a text from another family member to text whether or not the key worked. Front desk
Couldn't be less interested... Someone else's in room dining remnants sat outside our room for our entire stay. Bar none was the service at the pool bar and the pool restaurant. We had menus thrown at us, we were given dirty looks and when we finally talked amongst ourselves of requesting a new server, suddenly the waitresses attitude changes. It was so bad we almost walked out, but decided to stay only because of the view. As an aside , Drinks at bar in Dixie cup size full of ice and will set you back $12-$15. We travel extensively, and They need a full overhaul of the property and staff before we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands