I will open by saying that this trip was to be a quick getaway of five nights for myself, my brother and his wife and my two-year old nephew. We are from the northeastern climes and we were looking to get away from the winter weather and to relax.
Well we could not have chosen wiser! Traveling to the islands often has made me accustomed to hopping on puddle-jumpers and transfer ferries to get to the destinations of my choice. The ease and convenience of access to Marriott Frenchman's from STT airport was a welcome change.
Once on property the staff greets you warmly and direct you to where you need to be to accomplish tasks such as check-in, resort amenities and the beaches. The location of the property is right on the point and offers splendid views. Plenty of pools and a beautiful beach give you a variety of choices where to cool down and soak up sun. The good variety of dining options on-property never left us wanting. I will add that you ought to treat yourself to some of the great local Caribbean cuisine in Charlotte Amalie. The rooms where we stayed in the main building were clean and comfortably appointed, and always refreshed and restocked by housekeeping.
We did not opt for any of the gym, workout or spa services so I do not have any feedback in that aspect.
The one outstanding quality of our stay was the staff! Always at the ready with a 'Good morning!' or 'Have a nice day!' I can say it came from their hearts. We had my two-year old nephew with us and he got the red-carpet treatment! The Marriott is a very family and kid friendly resort. Kids menu always available and never felt as though it were a chore to have him along. A+ in that department!
I wish that I could remember all the names of the staff we had the pleasure of working with. Leah, Lyndis, Josh and Yvonne are a few I can recall but suffice to say that everyone gets a round of applause from us! You all did a very commendable job and we'll be back for more of your hospitality!
And last but not least a thank you to GM Jean-Paul Nel for sending us the welcome amenities and for having such a great property and the appropriate staff to go along!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands