We spent 7 nights at the Morning
Star resort (4 adults and 4 boys ages 19, 16, 14 and 11) and I must confess that the week before our departure my husband (due to my begging) was trying to figure out how to change all of our airline and hotel reservations so that we could go ANYWHERE but St. Thomas. We arrived on Monday, July 5th and holding our breath checked in. Our room had a beach side view, it was large and clean. We used the King bed, pull out couch and a roll away and still had room to move around the room. Everyone that we encountered on staff were very helpful and very friendly. The only thing that I could agree with was the price of food; with 4 teenage boys we spent at least $100 a meal per family. The food was ok but not worth the price. We did venture out for evening meals, we enjoyed The Green House (we ate 2 lunches and 2 dinners there). We ate 2 dinners at the Great Wall Chinese in the Havensight Mall. We rented two cars which I would recommend, parking in town was tricky and we always found spaces even if we had to circle the block and walk. We took the ferry from Red Hook (with the cars) to St John and this was one of the only stresses that we had during the whole vacation. It was disorganized chaos trying to load onto the ferry, but the trip across was beautiful. We ended up at Cinnamon Bay and spent the entire day. They have rentals, showers and bathrooms. We loved it so much we went back on Saturday. The ferry that day was a little less stressful. We had a wonderful time and I would not hesitate to encourage anyone to travel to St. Thomas and stay at the Morning Star.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Frenchman's Reef Resort has just completed a $48 Million Dollar Renovation, and is now open and all new and refreshed. Now featuring clean crisp new guest rooms, with flat screen TVs. All new resort experience featuring a new resort infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool and bar; and private spa pool. Our all new Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private pool spa with cabanas. Aqua Terra is our new restuarant at Frenchman's Reef which features spectaular views of the harbor. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort; and discover the most luxurious stay in the US Vigin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.