4 stars property, 6 stars prices!
I've stayed here for a week during my 2 weeks trip to USVI. Rooms are roughly around $350 a night with tropical charm. The property overlook downtown and beautiful St. Thomas coastline. You can see neighboring islands and cruise ships approaching, leaving from their massive patio which was stunning.
Pros: location, pools and swim up bar
Cons : Overpriced food & drink. A ok service. Not too comfy bed!
If you are spending over $300 a night, you should get a good comfy clean and plushy bed. At least that's what I look for. Their bed was a ok here. I know this was in the Caribbean and you will see insects but they had a few too many of them! Not a fan. At least not in my room.
Cafe right next door was great however. I enjoyed my afternoon ice coffee shakes for $6-7 each. They were much needed. Swim up bar was the best feature. Infinity swim up pool. Got sun burnt, fell asleep, had one too many pain killer cocktails, watch sunsets. All of that.
Con~ Iguauans , cleanliness and Food!!
First con would the food. It's a massive property with few very overpriced restaurants. It would be ok if this is your first Caribbean trip but if you know how much everything cost around town, this ain't. But worried not. Taxis are $10 per person to town! You can always get a reliable one getting out of the resort. It's the return that is a little tricky.
This property is ginormous and of course, they have dino-saur size igaunas. And they fight with each other. I'm a petite person. A 3 feet iguana might as well be a dinosaur. They are like half my size and they scare the living day light out of me. I made sure I got the higher floor just to avoid those damn iguanas.
Or if you can brave yourself up from all the damn iguanas!!!! (HOLY IGUANAS) around the property, you can go down to the dock and take the glass bottom boat right to downtown. Eat all the local food and come right back by 7 pm!
Overall , its a gorgeous resort with a lot of room to improve I've felt. But then again, you're in Caribbean. Everything move in an island speed. We moved 2 rooms in one week from insects! Eeek. I got bit like a sugarcane on an ant fest. No buneno! But I do enjoy the other parts of this hotel. Guess I'll come back and give it another chance if they have special sale or some sort. All for that swim up bar of course!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands