You added Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort to your Saves list
Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort
Free GoPro Rental
Dayton, New Jersey, United States
“St Thomas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

A beauty in parasite definitely a must go, such an experience from amenities, to restaurants, and amazing excursions. Make sure you take a ferry to St. John's beautiful pristine island, make sure you go to sandy keys, jost van dyke, soggy dollar beach in st Thomas.
St. John go to skinny legs, trunk bay, cinnamon bay, maho bay, breathtaking waters, excellent snorkeling, the most incredible fish you'll ever see.

Room Tip: Ocean front or bay front
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for posting these great sight-seeing recommendations! We’re glad you visited and look forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,051)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The pictures and the price are misleading you to think this is a first class establishment. While the place was nice, I would have expected much nicer finishes throughout the facility. Peeling paint, lightbulbs out, lower quality furnishings. Room was clean and location was amazing just disappointed with the fit and finish given the pictures online and the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear your experience did not match your impressions. I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention though. The gallery on the website is designed to give an overview of not only Frenchman’s Reef but also the adventures and activities available. Here on TripAdvisor, we also have a wonderful collection of over one thousand photos posted from travelers like you. For the benefit of those reading this review, we’d like to add that if you ever have any question about whether Frenchman’s Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort is the right hotel for you, please feel free to reach out to our pre-arrival team here on the property. We would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have. Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Winter Park, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

To start - My wedding was beautiful! Beautiful weather (a slight hiccup when I lost my wedding shoes), but overall I had to let loose and release control ;) That being said... My wedding planner, Kate, wasn't the best ;( I had to remind her more than once on details, and my requested grey (yes, grey) cake turned out white and she didn't seem to have an issue with it... As a matter of fact her comment to me was, "Well, did you not like the cake?" The cake did turn out very pretty, but it wasn't what I requested nor what I PAYED FOR - she didn't seem like that should be an issue. I get that it's ISLAND TIME, but I still think as a bride I should have been given and received what I paid for... As a wedding planner - I wouldn't recommend her.

However - I LOVED the Frenchman's Reef and my wedding!! The staff, our wedding photographer from Blueglass photography, our classical guitarist, and our videographer were amazing and aside from a few minor details, I would recommend this hotel to anyone!! All of our guests have raved about the rooms, the views, the wedding itself, and the amazing views :) I wouldn't have traded my trip there for anything... Please go to Havana Blue if you take this trip! It's at the resort and the food is incredible!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your candid comments. Although I am happy to hear your wedding was beautiful, I am sorry that every detail was not to your satisfaction. We appreciate the feedback which gives us the opportunity to make corrections to our procedures. If there is anything further you would like to discuss, feel free to reach out to me through the hotel. On a positive note, it sounds like the rest of your time here was perfect for you and your guests. Thank you again for your review and choosing Frenchman’s Reef for this very special occasion.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We read all the reviews before booking and were so pleased that the vacation exceeded our expectations. I travel a great deal with my business and stay at Marriott properties all over the U.S. Yes the hotel is pricey but to me and my family, it was worth it. The food was good, the location was great, and the staff that interacted with us was very friendly. Our room was average, but accommodated my Wife and I, and our two teenaged boys just fine. Our oceanfront view was gorgeous. We walked down some steps and were on the beach in a flash. The also have rooms directly on the beach if that is your preference. St. Thomas is awesome and we are planning on visiting again next year and will stay at the Marriott again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for staying with us! From your description, I can see that Morning Star Beach Resort was perfect for you. I bet your boys loved all the water-sports equipment available at the beach! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me through the hotel if I can ever be of assistance. Have a great summer and we’ll see you next year!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Service was excellent, however the hotel is in need of refurbishment. considering what they charge to stay here whether you are using points or paying, this hotel is ready to be renovated. I will say no more, I am glad I did not pay full price (used points) or I would have been asking for price reductions right away. the concierge service was outstanding, they helped us find restaurants and directions to places and made reservations for us. be aware they will always try to get you to do a timeshare tour but that is part of their job and we always politely declined and they did not pursue it further.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you felt our team was warm and responsive to your needs. In the fall of 2011, we completed a major renovation of Frenchman’s Reef including the lobby, restaurants, pools, Lazule Spa and most rooms. Perhaps you were staying at Morning Star? We are currently in the process of updating the rooms at that portion of the resort. Please come to visit again and enjoy our improvements!
Milford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a great family vacation stay from July 5-12. The property was clean and well maintained. The service was great. Justin at the pool bar was awesome and we had a great time. You have to remember to leave all of the hustle of America behind and remember you are there to relax. Be sure to bring your walking shoes-the property is spread out. Be sure to take the snorkel cruse "The Cat" from the dock-it was awesome! I would totally go back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for bringing your family to enjoy Frenchman’s Reef!
Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The infinity pools are the best part of the place and the pool bartenders were the best of the staff. The rest of the staff wasn't very welcoming or helpful... But they weren't rude either... Just kind of there. Everything was clean, but when they say it was renovated invthe last few years I think they put all their effort into the lobby and common areas...

• Stayed July 2013
The next time you visit, we hope to not only meet but exceed your expectations! Your comments and suggestions will be helpful to that end. Our renovation did include the lobby and the restaurants at Frenchman’s Reef as well as the infinity pool, most rooms and Lazule spa. Please let me know how I can be of assistance!

Been to Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort? Share your experiences!