Gorgeous hotel. Full set of amenities and activities. Personal bad experience was with concierge Zogisle who said he liked to go to the beach with people like me and my husband - one who is fat, the other who is pasty white - so he looks thin and tan. Overlooking those horrendous words in our first hour here, the rest of our experience has been great.
1. St Thomas is very hilly and Frenchman's reef is a up and away, through very, very narrow & hilly roads. Only drive if you are a superb, fearless driver. Don't forget they drive on the "wrong side" of the road.
2. Iguanas everywhere. Marriott did a great job having iguanas relocated off the property, but they are all over st. Thomas.
3. Cab rides are cost per person
4. Give yourself extra travel time... Cabbies try to wait until their van or pickup truck is full...and then make multiple stops.
5. Gorgeous water. To see fish, crumble dog biscuit into the water.
6. Visit the Marriott adventure desk and talk to Allison.
7. Food (like all islands I've been to) is expensive. Havana restaurant was the priciest but the best.
8. Sunblock is a must... It may seem obvious but despite our efforts, we are both burned.
9. Restaurant service is friendly, but lack accuracy. (Husband ordered cheesecake, got key lime pie, asked for fruit instead of fries, got fries anyway, didn't order a coke but got one anyway, etc etc. No biggie but...yeah)
10. A waterfall is listed but is just for viewing off a deck.
Overall love the Marriott ... I feel safe, bug-free, and with plenty to do here. Hotel room is comfortable, the AC works well, the pools are clean.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Frenchman's Reef Resort has just completed a $48 Million Dollar Renovation, and is now open and all new and refreshed. Now featuring clean crisp new guest rooms, with flat screen TVs. All new resort experience featuring a new resort infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool and bar; and private spa pool. Our all new Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private pool spa with cabanas. Aqua Terra is our new restuarant at Frenchman's Reef which features spectaular views of the harbor. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort; and discover the most luxurious stay in the US Vigin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.