We were visiting St. Thomas for 3 nights and 4 days for a wedding and before we even stepped foot onto the grounds there were problems. We had paid for an ocean front room and so we were expecting an ocean front room. When our good friends arrived there an hour or so before us-they had confirmed that we had rooms near by to one another. Not only were our rooms not near each other-without our knowledge they completely moved our room-and not just to a room that wasn't ocean front-they moved us to the other building!!! Keep in mind this reservation was made back in July! My girlfriend got a hold of the manager to get this problem resolved which was not an easy task but was taken care of eventually. However there was no compensation offered for all the hassle that was experienced at the time.
All of the staff members in whom we came in comtact with (except for those at Havana Blue) were extremely rude! When we had called on our first evening there to inform someone that our shower wouldn't turn on and that we had no hot water we were told there was nothing that they could do! My husband had to fix the shower himself and we showered in luke warm water for 3 days. Not to mention all the bugs that came up the drain!! And the cockroach that was in our neighbors tub!
Overall we had a great time on the island and the food and service at Havana Blue was incredible. However if we make a return visit to St. Thomas chances are we will not be staying here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Frenchman's Reef Resort has just completed a $48 Million Dollar Renovation, and is now open and all new and refreshed. Now featuring clean crisp new guest rooms, with flat screen TVs. All new resort experience featuring a new resort infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool and bar; and private spa pool. Our all new Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private pool spa with cabanas. Aqua Terra is our new restuarant at Frenchman's Reef which features spectaular views of the harbor. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort; and discover the most luxurious stay in the US Vigin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands