We were virgins to the Virgin Islands. This was a short 5 day 4 night trip. The check in was chaotic because of a wedding and the hotel was over sold. The rooms were not ready and only clean not spotless. Everyone was very friendly. We stayed at Morning Star which is awesome because you walk right out to the beach. Upside: friendly, lots of beach toys available, chairs and umbrellas.
Downside: Bar hosted the wedding but is not part of the hotel so at 11:45 when the band was STILL rockin we just had to put up with it. 12:30 the band was gone but the screaming and partying was still going on. Marriott lists all the wonderful things that come with your room from bottled water to beach toys but then on check out there is a $140 resort fee so nothing is really included in your room. They hold you hostage with CRAZY high prices. Travel/hotel on our trip was $3,000 and food and drinks was $3,000. THAT IS CRAZY!!!!
We will go back and might stay at the Marriott again but we would check out after 2 days and then check back in so we get a clean room again.
Its a good place-you won't be dissappointed - now that I have clued you in on the little secrets.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Frenchman's Reef Resort has just completed a $48 Million Dollar Renovation, and is now open and all new and refreshed. Now featuring clean crisp new guest rooms, with flat screen TVs. All new resort experience featuring a new resort infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool and bar; and private spa pool. Our all new Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private pool spa with cabanas. Aqua Terra is our new restuarant at Frenchman's Reef which features spectaular views of the harbor. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort; and discover the most luxurious stay in the US Vigin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.