My boyfriend and I stayed at the Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Resort on December 17 - 19th, 2012. We went to celebrate recent accomplishments/milestones, as well as, scout the venue for our destination wedding. We stayed in building 5 (The sea cliff tower) and had a ocean view room. When we made the reservation (via Marriott reservations) we asked for a room on the cliff overlooking the ocean, when we arrived we were given just that, except we realized the main building provided a better view. Realizing the error was our own, we went to the reception desk and explained the situation, Rashawn was awesome! He gave us the opportunity to look at a new room to see if it would better suited our needs. The room was nice but wasn't a far departure from the room we were in so we stayed put. I do however, appreciate Rashawn's ability to satisfy our needs even when we weren't sure what they were. :)
Additionally, I can't say enough about Zogile! He went over and beyond and gave us countless recommendations about the hotel and surrounding area. We just so happen to stop and ask him about a hotel dinner recommendation and left with so much more to make the most of our short trip. If you ever need ANYTHING please see him, he rocks!!
As for the hotel, the room and grounds were relatively clean however, we were reviewing the hotel to suit the needs for a wedding. We liked the idea of guest being able to decide where they wanted to dine given the variety of restaurants and room options. The drawback was that there were cosmetic imperfections at the hotel, for example the elevator in the sea cliff tower had pieces of the wood paneling missing and there were many finger/hand prints smears on the stainless steel. Something that could have easily been fixed but wasn't the entire time we were there. There were small housekeeping issues such as that that I may be able to overlook when I am hanging out with girlfriends, but for a wedding...not so much.
The food: It was pricey and just OK. Nothing to write home about. However, we raved about CoCo Joe's Restaurant which offered a prime rib and lobster buffet ($59pp) the first night we were there. Delicious! I had 4 lobster tails, in fact. :) Oh, and Angela at Aqua Terra was really nice and hospitable when we went there for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Frenchman's Reef Resort has just completed a $48 Million Dollar Renovation, and is now open and all new and refreshed. Now featuring clean crisp new guest rooms, with flat screen TVs. All new resort experience featuring a new resort infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool and bar; and private spa pool. Our all new Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private pool spa with cabanas. Aqua Terra is our new restuarant at Frenchman's Reef which features spectaular views of the harbor. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort; and discover the most luxurious stay in the US Vigin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Otel, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands