You added Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort to your Saves list
Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort
Free GoPro Rental
New York City
“Wedding fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

My family and friends stayed at the Frenchman's reef for my cousin's wedding on Oct. 6th. She had a great rate with her room block and because we were a part of the block, the $35 Daily resort fee was waived. We were able to take advantage of all of the great amenities offered. We stayed in room 1504, which has a water view and a balcony. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning and were very sympathetic to my needs by supplying lots of boxes of tissue because I had the worst head cold. They even made sure I had enough tea, which I thought was very sweet of them. The room has a refrigerator but no microwave. The gift shop has a microwave you can use with no problem and it came in very handy when heating up food for my 2 year old. The breakfast buffet at the Aqua Terra restaurant was quite tasty and a little costly at $24 per person. My boyfriend and I went on a timeshare presentation and were pre-gifted $100 in certificates to use in the property's restaurants so we took care of the buffet with that as well as lunch at the Sunset bar and grill. My only complaint about the restaurants is that it's very hard to get island cuisine which I love. Take a taxi to Gladys' restaurant and you'll get the authentic food experience I was looking for. To save on food costs, we took a taxi to Pueblo, the local supermarket, where we purchased drinks and snacks. The wedding was beautiful and I have to say the wedding coordinator was absolutely wonderful. I was a bridesmaid and witnessed first hand the great services she bestowed. The pools and grounds are well maintained and the beach at the morningstar is great for families with small children, the waves are minimal. There is a shuttle that runs every 15 min. from the Frenchman's reef to the Morning Star beach down the hill. There are a couple of bars and restaurants there as well. All in all, it was a fun time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We are delighted your family and the wedding party enjoyed all our amenities and felt our wedding coordinator provided great services! Also, I am happy to hear how our housekeeping and gift shop associates assisted you with your family’s needs. We know how important that is when away from home. Thank you for your numerous compliments and we hope that you have another chance to visit St. Thomas again soon for another special occasion!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,051)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Marriott provided every service and amenity we could have wished for. I swam in several pools, waded along the beach, went snorkeling, had great tropical food at the restaurants, met friends at the rum bars and watched beautiful sunsets every day. Our day trips to various locations were great but the hotel was the star of the vacation.

Room Tip: Sunset view is also rainbow view on misty mornings!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Well spoken, thank you! We really appreciate you taking the time to share with the Tripadvisor community and hope you’ll return soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days in early October. I recommend staying in the Frenchmans Reef and not the Morningside part of hotel. The pools in the Frenchmans Reef are outstanding. They are infinity pools overlooking the caribbean. The Morningside is on the beach. The water is clear however is a little on the rougher side. The food is good recommend Havana Blue and going to Red Hook for restaurants. The people are very friendly in St Thomas and getting around was easy with cabs. We only had time to visit Coki Beach which is very clear and snorkeling was outstanding. Also recommend taking ferry to St John and touring the beaches. The food is expensive however they do have a little market/gift shop with salads and sandwiches at decent prices. Had a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012
We’re happy to hear you had a great stay with us! Thank you for posting your beach photos and complimenting our new infinity pools!
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently visited the Marriott property in April 2012. I was really impressed with the Morning Star Resort area as its not on the main part of the hotel near the Frenchman's Reef and you basically have your own little beach & private area. The property is amazing in both the Frenchman's Reef & the Morning Star. The beach is located directly in front of the Morning Star with a very short walk to the beach. The Frenchman's Reef is on the upper side of the hotel with many steps to climb, but not a bad walk at all. The grounds at the Frenchman's Reef is very beatiful as they have many pools and bars to visit. There is also a restaurant right out by the pool that over looks the ocean and you can see the cruise ships come in and night and especially beautiful at sunset. There are a plentiful of taxi services that can take you into the city for shopping. Just know that the beaches are not on a long strip with hotels....the beach is hid among the mountain area and not that many chain hotels along the beach...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the excellent descriptions of our property and your recommendation of it! We’re glad you enjoyed our world famous view!
hawley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Although we had no complaints about the hotel itself, we were hard pressed to find a decent dinner everywhere. We even went into Charlotte Amalie and to the East End. What we found was fast food fare. We made a reservation at Havana Blue and although the food was gourmet, it came out barely warm. This is not acceptable for a 30+ dollar mean. The sunset grill served an atrocious 29.00 chicken dinner which we sent back. A roast chicken was actually thrown in to a pot of boiling water probably along with the soggy vegetables they served. For a restaurant of this caliber, we expected more. We knew the food was pricely, but we expected better quality. The breakfast buffet was very good, except for the fruit. Every day we ate there one or another of the sliced fruit was full of fruit flies. Not very appetizing. Staff was wonderful. Went to Coco Joe's owned by Havana Blue but on the East End of the Island and after 15 minutes of not being served anything walked out. Ate at Fish Tails, and that was ok. Went to Coki Beach to snorke,l and probably had the best homemade meal on the island, and sat and ate it on our beach chairs The beach itself has a ghetto quality as pertains to the people who work there, but the beach is unsurpassed for swimming and snorkeling.

Room Tip: Choose a room with an ocean or bay view. Excellent for morning and evening views. You can watch th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great rating of our resort! Sounds like you did a lot of experimenting with island food options and had a mixed experience. We certainly appreciate you complimenting our breakfast buffet. Our on-site concierge can also assist in recommending on and off site dining as well as adventures. If another vacation brings you back to St. Thomas, feel free to contact me through the resort, if there is anything I can assist with. Thank you again for the review and photos.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My bf and I came here for our anniversary and his 30th birthday. We had the most amazing time. I had never been to the island before (he had); but it was our first time together at this resort. I am used to staying at Marriott resorts, and this was exactly what I expected. The property was beautiful, our room was beautiful [we originally requested a high up room with a view, but our first room was not what we expected so we talked to the front desk and they gladly moved us up to a better room as we already requested - we were very pleased], and most of all - the staff was courteous and sweet (especially Jay "I" Dah), and the food was OUT OF THIS WORLD!

I will say that without doing the all inclusive deal, we would not have been able to afford this trip. All of the prices for the food and drinks were very expensive, but the all inclusive deal was definitely worth it. We traveled to the other islands and did a BVI boat tour. In one trip, I visited 4 different islands, saw The Baths (Virgin Gorda - A MUST DO), went snorkeling, and relaxed in the sun everyday with a drink in my hand. This was an unforgettable vacation, and I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: This resort is half Morning Star and half Frenchman's Reef. Frenchman's Reef is higher up o...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
What a great way to celebrate your special occasions! I am delighted to read that Frenchman’s Reef met and even exceeded your expectation of a Marriott and you both experienced the warm responsiveness we strive towards. Thank you and keep an eye out for specials here and on the main Marriott website for your future visit. You won’t be disappointed!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

The place is gorgeous however, every night they were charging me for things I never did!!! Since we were there for a wedding I asked the rest of the group, & the same thing happened to them!!! I've been fighting with these people since I got home!!! They can't explain where these charges are coming from but insist I owe them! They are wrong!! Also the staff is very rude! Never again

• Stayed October 2012
Although Tripadvisor isn’t our usual customer service portal, we recognize that you are having a frustrating experience trying to understand your bill. If you would be so kind to send an email to sttfrexperienceteam@marriotthotels.com and reference this review, we can then have a member of our resort leadership team work with you directly. On a positive note, we appreciate your compliment regarding the beauty of Frenchman’s Reef. We also sincerely hope you and the wedding party enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your review.

Been to Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort? Share your experiences!