My family has come to this hotel for many years. Just got back from a 7 day stay and found that the mid-management men behind the reception desk just could not be bothered to help out guests. If a female receptionist were present, I could request beach towels etc.at the front desk. If one of the male managers were present, they made me walk down to the pool area which was far from my room.
The worst was when I requested a one hour extension on our check out time. Now, after having spent thousands of dollars at this hotel, and I am an elite member with Marriott, I was repeatedly refused! The man in charge said that Marriott hotels have the option of honoring elite members with this perk and that my room would be cleaned as soon as I checked out at 11AM.
Well, since my flight did not leave until 3PM, I went back to my room at 12:30 PM and the maids had not cleaned it and he could have easily extended my checkout untill 12:00.
He just did not want to be bothered.
When I pay this much money, I expect to get the perks that I pay for by being an elite Marriott member.
Nice hotel...Lazy management.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Frenchman's Reef Resort has just completed a $48 Million Dollar Renovation, and is now open and all new and refreshed. Now featuring clean crisp new guest rooms, with flat screen TVs. All new resort experience featuring a new resort infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool and bar; and private spa pool. Our all new Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private pool spa with cabanas. Aqua Terra is our new restuarant at Frenchman's Reef which features spectaular views of the harbor. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort; and discover the most luxurious stay in the US Vigin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.