“Great paella” 4 of 5 stars

340.714.7373
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Spanish
Description: Amalia Cafe is a delightful open air Spanish themed restaurant in historic downtown Palm Passage, Charlotte Amalie. The menu is heavy on tapas, with favorite Spanish entrees like Paella or Zarzuela. Enjoy a taste of Spain in the Caribbean.
Webster, New York
“Great paella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went here with a group as part of a friends destination wedding. They did a great job with our group, all of us had great meals and a wonderful time!

90% Recommend
Seattle
“delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We are staying at a B&B and this restaurant was recommended by our hostess. She was spot on! The restaurant is located down one of the many alleys (Palm Passage) but easy to find. We got there just as they were changing over from lunch to dinner so there was a bit of confusion but it worked out OK. I ordered the paella which was fabulous ( I'm comparing this paella to some made by Spanish chefs) and my husband ordered the ______ (started with a v and was just below the paella on the menu). It was a little spicy but so good. He loved it (and the bites I had I thought were excellent, too). We also ordered a great chardonnay (Estancia). The whole experience was great. Our waiter was very nice, chatty and interesting ( it wasn't very busy yet). We will be back.

Paramus, New Jersey
“Excellent, delightfully surprising for an Island..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I visited on the last night of our honeymoon. Glad, we waited as it was the best food we had on both St Thhomas and St John!

I would highly recommend it as the seafood was fresh and authentic. Everything was great from our apps to the blueberry bread pudding dessert. The service was also great:).

Tampa, Florida
“Bad service let us down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We spent a long day shopping and found this open aired restaurant. Truthfully, it was very pretty. Outside tables and bar, perfect weather and we were hungry.
We noticed the high prices right off the bat but decided to stay. What we didn't notice was the complete lack of caring from the waitstaff if we were served of not until it was too late. Small portions, high prices and a total lack of quality service ruined our lunch.
If it wasn't for the ambience, we would have given them 1 star.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Aldie, VA
“Can't go wrong eating here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've been traveling to STT for the last couple of years for work. Every time I come to STT I eat here sometimes multiple times in one trip. Everything I've ever ordered was delicious! Great portions, reasonably prices, DELICIOUS FOOD! Must visit...

• Visited October 2013