“The point of a reservation is to hold a reservation” 1 of 5 stars

340 777-7317
Website
Improve this listing
Houston, TX
“The point of a reservation is to hold a reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Well, July 4thish I had an accident and suffered a pretty bad foot injury. I ended up having foot surgery and cannot get my foot wet, which means most swimming and beach excursions were nixed for my upcoming vacation. But lucky stars, a fishing trip was still possible! I called on Wednesday to inquire about future excursions and the possibility of booking one. Just my luck, a Friday trip at 2:00 pm for a 4 hour fishing trip was available. I gave them my information (credit card and everything) and was plenty excited about some fishing. I arrived at the dock about 1:15 for some buffer time and actually spoke with a Brian from Double Header and said we were on the 2:00 ride. We sat and waited until about 1:50 when we saw the boat putter off. We went back to the dock, hoping that this was another boat and that we'd still be able to go. About 25 minutes rolled by, and it seemed that we had been left behind. We called the office, and our reservation was nowhere to be had. Somehow they lost it despite taking all of our sensitive information. Not only that, there was no offer for another trip, just a sorry and we don't know what happened. I don't know if they understand vacationers, but in order to prepare for this trip, we changed our plans the night before and blocked out a whole afternoon so that we could enjoy the trip. Needless to say, this ruined my day and has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I cannot recommend Double Header. There are other fishing companies here and I'm sure they know how to keep a reservation. I suppose in my imagination they may have helped me catch some good fish.

Visited August 2013

“Better than we could've hoped for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I, chose DH after a quick search on the web. We were not disappointed. I've chartered boats on 4 continents and in 20 countries. This was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Our capt., Chris. Was knowledgable, fun, and on his A game constantly. I really felt like I was fishing with an old friend all day. My girlfriend was seasick the entire time, but let us stay out (trooper) an we absolutely slayed the yellow fin (11) Black fin (12) Bonita, baracuada, skipjack, a 7ft shark, and hooked into a billfish. Was really the perfect day.

Visited July 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Serious but Fun Deep Sea Fishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were in St. Thomas for our 30th wedding anniversary with our two sons ages 18 and 20 It was our first trip to the Virgin Islands. We try to go deep sea fishing when we're on a special vacation, and Double Header came highly recommended so we booked an all day trip with them. Capt. John worked hard to find the fish, and it took hours, but our 20 year old caught a 200 lb. 7 foot blue marlin!!! It was worth the effort of all the searching we did, even though we were mostly looking for Mahi. We also caught a few tuna and barracuda. The boat was well kept and there were plenty of drinks in the cooler. The seas were rough so we did get quite wet - if you bring a camera I recommend a waterproof one! We would fish with Double Header again and recommend them highly!

Visited May 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
“Rough Seas but Excellent Fishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I were lucky enough to book on a mixed party Thursday with Doubleheader. We wanted to fish but not have to pay for a whole boat for half day. The other people were 2 gentlemen, one of whom had deep sea fished a couple times, the rest of us were rookies. The Captain, Chris, gave us a choice of in shore or offshore with the offshore having more of a chance of catching. The sea was rough, we were all soaked, but Chris had us tracking birds to find schools of fish and he used every minute of our four hours to find them. We came back with a 45" Mahi and 4 nice Blackfin Tuna.
There was water, soda, and beer on board and the boat was clean and well set up!
I highly recommend them!