“Fantastic Day of Sailing!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 201 Activities in St. Thomas
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Windsor, Canada
“Fantastic Day of Sailing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I recently sailed with Captain Tom. We did the private cruise/day sail and were the first ones to take a trip on his smaller sailboat. Everything was great, well organized, punctual, food was perfect and the beer was cold! Had a great day of sailing and snorkeling.

Captain Tom is laid back and makes sure you are as involved as you want to be. I wanted to do some of the sailing and see some turtles and he delivered! Spent a few hours at a beach full of turtles and other great snorkeling.

Beautiful sail on the way home while Captain Tom entertained with some interesting history and information of the surrounding islands as well as the odd corny joke

Caught a nice buzz on the way home!

Perfect day on the water and worth every penny!

Visited June 2013

6 attraction reviews
“Capt Tom never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time visiting STT and sailing with Capt Tom on the HB Welch it is truly an exceptional experience. There is nothing in the world quite like sailing and no one can give you a better experience than Captian Tom and his crew, Alexander a Autumn. I was lucky enough to be accompanied local piano man Danny Silber what a treat to have live music on the HB. I plan to make this trip a tradition and will make sure that sailing with Capt Tom is on my list of priorities. Once you have experienced sailing with Captain Tom you will not want to sail another captain.

Visited April 2013
“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This was truly an experience of a lifetime. Captain Tom made you feel right at home with his easy going, friendly charm. He expertly piloted the ship all around the islands. He included history of the area, and tips on sailing and sailor life. We moored for lunch, snorkeled in a small secluded bay, saw a sea turtle, helped with pulling down the sails, and felt right at home. Thank you! We will be back.

Visited May 2013
Charlotte Amalie, null, United States
“a real sailing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I live here in St Thomas and I have been on many charters when friends and family have come to visit, but Captain Tom and H.B Welch gave me the best experience yet. First of all, the boat is absolutely amazing. Its one of those you gasp and point out when you are sitting on the beach. I am not a boat expert but it has that piraty, old school look. If you want, you can jump on the lines or the helm and help the crew which is necessary because this is one charter you actually sail and not just motor around which HAPPENS ALOT HERE! you really get your moneys worth with lunch and free drinks. its definitely an intimate, local experience so dont expect ritz carlton pampering but its better that way I think. more authentic.

The captain is hilarious, fun, but also very safety conscious. the crew was accomidating but fun and had great recommendations for other things to do on the island. knowledgeable as well. You can tell we had a great time and I will be going again as soon as possible.

Thanks Tom and Alexander, worth every penny!

Visited February 2013
Port Clinton Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“Whale of a Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We spent the day aboard the HB Welch with Captain Tom and his first mate Alexander. We were welcome to participate as much or as little as we wished. The seasoned Captain and safety conscious first mate made for a carefree day of sailing with true professionals! We had hoped to spot whales but instead enjoyed the peace and joy of a glorious day on the water! Thanks to Captain Tom and crew!

Visited February 2013