“Not worth the money and the wait” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Bowie, Maryland
“Not worth the money and the wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very disappointing dinner tonight at Sunset Grill. The service was extremely slow, ridiculously expensive and mediocre. Management should revert back to old model for this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Andrea L, General Manager at Sunset Grille - Secret Harbour Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Clare H,
Thank You for taking time to respond regarding your recent experience at Sunset Grille. First and foremost I must begin by apologizing for your less than perfect evening with us. The circumstances surrounding your group of 7 are unfortunate and I am so sorry the wait for your food ruined what should have been a stellar experience. We did have a technical glitch with our printers and your groups lamb entree did not print to the kitchen resulting in the table waiting for that dish. While this is no excuse it is a problem that has since been rectified. These types of situations give us an opportunity to find weakness or deficiencies and areas where we can improve to prevent similar situations. Again I'm sorry it happened with your group. I had hoped Brian the floor manager treating all of you to dessert would have helped alleviate any frustrations. If we can have the opportunity to win back your trust please do not hesitate to try us in the future so we can show you how we continually "Wow" our guests.
Regards,

Portland, Oregon
“A Must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I decided on Sunset Grille for our last night on St. Thomas and it was an absolutely amazing dining experience. From the view, atmosphere, food and staff, we could not have asked for a better experience. The food was so fresh, service simply amazing and looking out over the ocean was a perfect way to end our trip. Highly recommend this for anyone!

Visited July 2013
Dear Kelsey T,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your experience with us at Sunset Grille. I am so glad you and your family had such a great memorable last night on island. It was a pleasure serving you and visiting with your group of fellow North-westerners. Stop by on your next vacation and let the staff know you say hello.
Happy Trails,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Perfect Wedding Reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had our wedding reception here and Jessica was very helpful with planning the whole thing. When we got there, everything was set up beautifully. My guests were very comfortable and RAVED about the food which was delicious. The painkillers were a hit - they were the best drinks we had all vacation. I highly recommend Sunset Grille!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, CT
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

excellent service with dining overlooking the harbor! We had seafood that was well prepared with presentation with a flair!

Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing wedding reception!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had my wedding reception at the Cruzan Beach Club at Secret Harbour on June 7th. Jessica Hume did an absolutely amazing job! Not only was she helpful during the planning process, but she was there during the entire reception to make sure that the evening went flawlessly. Jessica did an incredible job of setting up for the reception. It looked even better than I had hoped! The food was delicious, and they sent all of the leftovers home with us. Our guests loved the food so much, they were fighting over the leftovers! I am so glad that we chose the Cruzan Beach Club for our reception. The food was great, the location was beautiful, the staff was helpful and attentive, and Jessica was so organized and professional that she immediately put me at ease so that I could enjoy the evening and not worry about a thing!

Visited June 2013