“Best dinner on St. Thomas” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best dinner on St. Thomas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Everything exceeded our expectations! This was our first trip to St. Thomas. We have found most of the restaurants that we visited had great food and great scenery however the space it self lacked a fresh clean feel. This restaurant still had all the local charm but not stuffy. It had impeccable service, quality cuisine, ambiance (felt new and clean) and of course the sunset! Patrick our server was wonderful! Thank you!

Fort Worth, Texas
“Best Rum Drinks EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Once we actually found Secret Harbour (had to stop and ask locals 3 times) the Sunset Grille was a very nice surprise. Our lunch is great and our waiter Jimmy was the BEST! The rum drinks here are the best on the planet! Do not miss out on the strawberry cheesecake drink (not the dessert!). It even has crumbled graham crackers on top. The pina colada was the best I'd ever had. It is right on the beach so the view is great. We had so much fun that by the end Jimmy was family!! Don't miss out on this place...well worth the find!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“A superb evening to spend by the Ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

This was our 22nd Anniversary dinner date and we picked the right place. Our waiter, Ricardo, did a wonderful job and really took care of us. I had the humongous 14 oz NY strip and my wife had the 4 oz filet. The meat is grass fed from New Zealand. Just amazing. Fresh vegetables. Good twice baked potato. The soaks wedges were awesome. I had a Bushwacker to drink which just knocks your socks off but doesn't put you into a spin. For dessert we had the Chocolate Decadence. It's like a lava cake. Plenty for 2. Sizable portions and a romantic atmosphere. Even the the two guys next to us were getting cuddly. The only drawback I could point out were the mosquitos which swarmed us at first. Ricardo saved us with some repellant which did the job. I'd recommend getting the propane mosquito repellant for dinner guests. I was a little disappointed that the manager didn't come over and talk to us but Ricardo did such a fine job it hardly mattered. Make sure to put this one on your list to go to!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Andrea L, General Manager at Sunset Grille - Secret Harbour Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Kell and Rich,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your great experience here at Sunset Grille. My sincere apology I missed the opportunity to come and speak with you personally on your experience as sometimes buzzing about when busy this chance isn't always an option. Ricardo did mention to me you were happy and well cared after. We appreciate your positive feedback as it is a vital tool in staff training and management and I personally look forward to speaking with you on your next return visit!

Sincerely
Denton, Texas
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We are very pleased with the service and food we had a great waiter named Jimmy he made this experience wonderful. The wine list was excellent and the food was amazing. I will be coming back here again.

Houston, Texas
“Amazing Customer Care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I love to splurge on fine-dining, whenever we get the chance. We like to travel and find places that we can visit again in the future. Sunset Grille, will be one of those places for sure! There was a blonde waitress named Jess, that made our dining experience spectacular. From the wine to the last portions of food we could bite, she went the extra mile. My husband and I were pleased with the view and comfort of Sunset Grille. I wish we didn't have to go home because it was a place we could relax and take in the beautiful sunset while being catered to. Sunset Grille is a place to go while you stay on St. Thomas, you will be sorry if you don't.

• Visited August 2012