“Amazing Zin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Cove Oceanfront Villas & Suites

Save Saved
You added Paradise Cove Oceanfront Villas & Suites to your Saves list
Paradise Cove Oceanfront Villas & Suites
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   2GA Ridge Road | Estate Nazareth, 00802, St. Thomas   |
Ranked #10 of 21 St. Thomas B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing Zin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Paradise Cove is a beautiful location. This was my first trip to St. Thomas and it was booked for me by a friend. I stayed in the Escape Beachfront Villa #6 for one week. The view was amazing! To wake up everyday to this view and to sleep with the sounds of waves was a true treat. The room was very clean. The staff was professional, responsive and courteous. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the "spirit" of the place. There is a trail in back of the unit that leads to a cove that served as a great work out hike experience. You definitely want to visit the Cup n Kettle Tea House and try Ms. Evelyn's Rum cake and chicken salad. It is to "LIVE" for! I will definitely make Paradise Cove my location of choice for my future visits to St. Thomas as I have been made to feel like family. -D'yann Crosby 04/21/2014

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Eastbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Paradise Cove has had one or two bad reviews lately and I was a little concerned as to where we had chosen to stay! I needn’t have worried – we were greeted on a very late check-in by Sandy who made sure we had all we needed for the first night.
The room was clean, spacious and well-appointed for all of our needs. We enjoyed our early morning coffee on the balcony. As we had hired a car from ‘Paradise Rental Car’ (who I can thoroughly recommend) the room was used as a base for exploration of the island and a trip to St John, so the position was ideal within minutes of Red Hook.
We ate at the beach restaurant, five minutes’ walk down the hill in the ‘Secret Harbour Resort’ two nights and both meals were lovely. We also enjoyed two very good evenings in ‘Fish Tails’ by the Ferry Port in Red Hook where both meals and cocktails were great – the bar staff were brilliant!
We enjoyed breakfast in the ‘Cup & Kettle’ on site and were looked after by Evelyn who takes very good care of you and makes the best pancakes ever! It also has wifi which was great for sending messages back to the UK.
We experienced no problems during our stay but Sandy and Betty were on hand in the office to answer any queries and give advice if needed.
This is not a five star hotel, if you want that - pay three times the price per night a mile down the road! What it is, is a good clean base in a great location to experience the Virgin Islands – I’m sure for the money it would be hard to find a better alternative.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

What was good:
* The staff was friendly and helpful (if not for them, we would have given this only one star).
* When we had no hot water in our room it was fixed within hours.
* The view from our room was gorgeous.

What was not good:
* We stayed in a room called "the cabana" which left a lot to be desired. From what I can tell from other reviews, Paradise Cove is going through some renovations and we must have got a room that still on the list to be re-done.
* The room was filthy. After putting clean socks on the bottoms of our feet were gross after two walks across the main rug.
* Two smoke alarm holders, no smoke alarms.
* The room was dilapidated. The flashing was falling off the kitchen counters, there were multiple gouges in the wall, the shower head was rusted over, multiple broken tiles and eroding grout in the shower making it un-cleanable, and there were no baseboards along any of the walls.
* The room was far from sealed. (Most notably at the back door to the pool and the strange plywood top under the bed) Dozens of ants were able to crawl in and out as they pleased as were the mosquitoes.
* Ultimately, the room was filthy and sad and certainly not worth a fraction of what we spent. If the other rooms are so much nicer than "the cabana" I think Paradise Cove is best advised not to rent this room out until it's renovated as it tarnishes their image.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ParadiseCoveUSVI, Owner at Paradise Cove Oceanfront Villas & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Our housekeeping staff is extremely conscientious; I have never found them to leave a room "filthy." After reading this review, the rug was thoroughly cleaned, but we discovered it was not dirty. I suspect the problem is our location. The wonderful breeze at Paradise Cove also brings its share of African dust. In the summer, the dust can coat a floor in a matter of hours. I would suspect not many floors would pass the white sock test--especially in the Caribbean.

While I agree that the Cabana would benefit from some updating with respect to the kitchen cabinets & the bathroom shower, the furnishings are in good condition & attractive. The Cabana is exactly what it purports to be: a charming, stand alone unit that is moderately priced in an area of $500-$600 rooms.
Tremont, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I would highly recommend staying at the Paradise Cove Cottages, USVI. The rooms have been renovated and are beautiful. The workmanship is nearly perfect. The balcony views from "Escape One" are nothing short of breath taking. The staff was awesome. Polite and courteous. My wife and I were married on the island during our vacation. The staff gave us a wonderful, signed card along with a bottle of champagne. I don't even remember telling them we were getting married but must have done so in casual conversation. What an awesome thoughtful gesture the gifts were. A card would have been wonderful and unexpected, let alone the champagne. Get a rental car and see the beauty of St. Thomas. Go to Magen's Bay, it's worth the $4 admission. Sapphire Point is nice as well. The snorkeling at Secret Harbor is the best I have ever seen.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

If you are looking for a relaxing, low-key, tropical vacation, this place is perfect. My boyfriend and I stayed here the other week for 5 days in the Cabana room and both loved it. The view from the room is gorgeous. The staff is friendly and pleasant, especially Sandy. We asked her opinion on best beaches and day trips, which was all very helpful.
We loved staying in a cottage with a fully equipped kitchen. Nothin' fancy, but it gets the job done! We went to the Food Center on our first day and bought supplies for breakfast and lunch for the week. Great way for us to stay budget conscious.
Secret Harbor beach is beautiful and a close walk. Coki Beach is also beautiful, but wasn't a huge fan… I just want to read my book and get some sun, not get asked every 5 minutes if I want a drink in a bucket with crazy straws or whatever. I didn't mind at first, but it got to be very irritating.
Red Hook and the ferry are close, but the roads aren't very pedestrian friendly. This did result in several overpriced cab rides. (and they charge per person, since when is that a thing?) We didn't find 5 days long enough a trip to rent a car, or else we would have.
If you're looking for a day trip, definitely take the ferry to St John's and go to Hawknest beach.
All in all Paradise Cove is a great value. Clean rooms with an amazing view and friendly staff. I've already recommended it to a few friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

The views from our screened in front porch were spectacular, morning, noon and night. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We locked ourselves out one afternoon and they were there within minutes to help us get back in. There is a cute tea room and internet cafe on the premises and a lovely beach down the hill. We will definitely stay there again and recommended it to friends.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bay Shore, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

wonderful place to stay nice pool, near a pretty beach -safe and nice and helpful staff..mike owner joanna office super helpful taxi man curt and presley maintenance man. cool internet cafe breakfast and lunch...loved this place

Room Tip: choose a renovated room ..there are only 2 rooms that are not. but still good rooms . price was rig...