What was good:
* The staff was friendly and helpful (if not for them, we would have given this only one star).
* When we had no hot water in our room it was fixed within hours.
* The view from our room was gorgeous.
What was not good:
* We stayed in a room called "the cabana" which left a lot to be desired. From what I can tell from other reviews, Paradise Cove is going through some renovations and we must have got a room that still on the list to be re-done.
* The room was filthy. After putting clean socks on the bottoms of our feet were gross after two walks across the main rug.
* Two smoke alarm holders, no smoke alarms.
* The room was dilapidated. The flashing was falling off the kitchen counters, there were multiple gouges in the wall, the shower head was rusted over, multiple broken tiles and eroding grout in the shower making it un-cleanable, and there were no baseboards along any of the walls.
* The room was far from sealed. (Most notably at the back door to the pool and the strange plywood top under the bed) Dozens of ants were able to crawl in and out as they pleased as were the mosquitoes.
* Ultimately, the room was filthy and sad and certainly not worth a fraction of what we spent. If the other rooms are so much nicer than "the cabana" I think Paradise Cove is best advised not to rent this room out until it's renovated as it tarnishes their image.