“Unique glassworks” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 64 Shopping in St. Thomas
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Fee: No
Owner description: Water Candy Glass is an art studio and specialty shop located in historic Tillett Gardens on the island of St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. We specialize in glass projects with an island theme: sea glass and recycled glass jewelry, mosaics, home decor, whimsical upcycled bottle art, glassware, and handmade paper lamps. The cutest shop for local art!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
“Unique glassworks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Out of all of the shops on St. John and St. Thomas, water candy is the most unique. There are so many shops with the same thing in them everywhere you look, but this is not the case here.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Water Candy--a must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

During our trip to St. Thomas early this month, we were looking for something to do and wandered over to Tillett Gardens. We enjoyed meeting all of the artists there and had a great experience at Water Candy! Barbara was informative and helpful, but not at all pushy. We ended up buying great, one-of-a-kind gifts for a couple of folks and I bought some beautiful jewelry for myself! All of which traveled in our luggage with no problems. I highly recommend a trip to Tillett Gardens and Water Candy!!!

Visited May 2012
Atlantic City, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
“So glad we decided to visit this shop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My daughter wanted to visit this shop on our previous stop in St. Thomas, but we couldn't fit it in the schedule as we were docked at Crown Bay. This trip we were in Havensight and we decided it would be a priority to make a trip to Water Candy in Tillett Gardens. This is such a gem of a shop. I bought jewelry for that good friend that I always want to find an unusual gift for and a Christmas ornament for myself. My daughter bought a lampshade. The lampshade had to be purchased unassembled due to luggage restrictions - Barbara was very helpful in showing us how to assemble the shade once we were home. Barbara was very informative about the island and about her artwork. We were very pleased that she took the time to talk with us. Our visit to Water Candy and Tillett Gardens were the highlight of our stop in St. Thomas.

Visited May 2012
st. thomas
4 attraction reviews
“Water Candy - favorite store on island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have lived on St. Thomas for about 4 years, and Tillet Gardens is the best shopping area on the island for locally-made gifts. Most (maybe all) of the stores there (about 5 stores) are run by the artists, and you can see them at work. Water candy is my favorite store there - she is very talented! She has lamps, oil cruets, salt and pepper shakers, coasters, multiple vases, drinking glasses, candle holders, jewelry, all made out of st. thomas recycled glass. For an island that doesn't recycle, she is doing a great job being green while making very cool products. She also does custom orders. This is where i buy all of my gifts for people back in the states. Definitely worth stopping by.

Visited April 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“It was our favorite shop! Gifts for everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We loved meeting Barbara and learning more about her wonderful talent. We will enjoy the pieces we bought and enjoy sharing our gifts with the family! We had a little trouble finding it but are so glad we kept looking. Watch for the firehouse it is just across the street on the hill! Thanks!

Visited March 2012