“Local ambience!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #109 of 194 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Here is a reference to it... http://www.stthomasblog.com/?p=852 ...it is all over the net....it is amazing...best soup and ribs ever....get it on here and I will review it! Best place to eat on the island....
Atlanta, Georgia
“Local ambience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Sib's is a sports bar/restaurant with gaming in the back and a deck for dining. I thought the food was outstanding and the portions were huge! Best of all was the feeling that we were immersed in a real islander experience far removed from the touristy crowds. I found the fact that the place has been there for so long to be part of its charm, and there is a picture on the wall of the original building that reinforced our feeling that we were experiencing the real St. Thomas and not the commercialized one! I think it's fine for families if you plan to eat on the deck, but as the evening wears on, just know that it becomes more of a party place - they stay open until 4 am!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania
“Found it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had trouble finding Sibs based on the map that Trip Advisor provided. In fact, it was WAY off! Come on Trip Advisor! We found the phone number of Sibs and got some great directions from Michael. He doesn't work there but his fiancee Sol does. Sol handed over the phone to Michael while she waited tables. Michael had us on the phone for our entire trip which traversed the island. I was ready to give up, but my husband insisted on getting to Sibs since a friend recommended this locals place. We were very happy we stuck with it! Eating outside listening to the tree frogs and crickets was wonderful. The food was fantastic. Parking is the best on the island!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santiago, Chile
“Nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Server was really nice -- we were out on the deck -- but the burger (ordered well done) we received was crispy/charred on the outside. I understand well done isn't considered the best way to eat your burger, but when a customer orders it, it should be cooked and not burned. I assume the chef didn't want to turn down the grill and cook it slowly, but I didn't ask.

The chicken caesar salad was recommended by the server, and we ordered the chicken blackened, and it was very pretty. It came lightly dressed so we ordered more dressing, but, unfortunately, the chicken was incredibly salty.

Again, good service, neat place both in and out.

All in all, I think I'd go back and request the same cheeseburger but be more explicit about the burger. Well done, please, not burnt.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Thomas
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Try the French Onion Soup... It is great. the chicken fried steak is good and so is the prime rib. The tables outside on the patio are a nice place to hang out. I do not go to bars, but Sib's is one that I will go to. Give it a try

Visited February 2013
New Port Richey, Florida
“Best steak on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Sib's by far has the best steak on the island,although finding it can be an adventure,especially while driving on the left while going up and down the narrow mountain road(which reminds me of Vermont backroads).They have a great prime rib too,not much for other selctions and sometimes service can be slow,but we always return.

• Visited January 2013