I absolutely LOVE this place!
It's no Marriott or Ritz, hell I won't even give it a Best Western. What I will say it that is the best local homegrown experience on the island.
This was the second place I stayed on island on vacation. I ended up living on the island (I mean all over it) and found myself moving back to Sunset every time! It is one of the few places on island that share space with local residences. So I can understand how loud it can get, and it is a community. Everyone gathering around the pool and everyone bringing a dish was one of my favorite past times.
I've seen people, literally, freak out because the cable sucks.
It's NOT the U.S. and for the price, the view is more than worth it. from every room you can see from the airport to Yacht Haven. And there are a ton of amazing characters that stay and frequent.
I've had my annoying experiences, but once again I made the decision to visit a place where people live. Coming from a sheltered stateside life, it is by far the safest place in my opinion on island and i lived all over the island. I learned that aside from the 24 hour monitored security cameras, local law enforcement is always around.
People once again it is not the Ritz, this is such a local experience!
If you are an opened-minded or adventurous person, someone on this property will get you the best deals on some of the funnest activities and events. Not to mention transportation. It is convenient to everything. Taxi can get to you or (my favorite) hike down/up the hill.
I've been coming back every year in April for the past 3 years since I moved away and I ALWAYS stay at Sunset.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine yourself standing on your private patio, with the breeze going through your hair, as you enjoy breathtaking ocean views of Charlotte Amalie bay, overlooking both cruise ships docks and water Island. From your own private enclosed patio, you can also watch the beautiful Caribbean sunset in total privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, HostelWorld, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Gardens Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Gardens Hotel St. Thomas
- Sunset Gardens Suites St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands