“Capt Alex saves the day ...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 174 activities in St. Thomas
Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Atlanta
“Capt Alex saves the day ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were on a Disney cruise (Fantasy) last week with 3,700 of our closest frineds. So when we put into St. Thomas, we took advantage of 1/2 day with Alex. He is obviously a very experienced Capatin, his boat was terrific, and the day was sunny and warm He did a magnificent job for the five of us. My wife (we are 60 plus), my son and daughter-in-law, 35 plus. and my pride and joy, grandson Jacob, five.

Well, two things occourred that could have ruined the entire vacation and I give credit to Alex for saving the day!

The day was warm but windy and the water pretty choppy. So when Alex got into open water, he raised the bow to plane, and we were off. The boat was bouncing and hitting the water as one would expect. My wife is not fond of speed much less being bounced around like a ping pong ball. I took one look and knew i was in some trouble. She announced she would be taking the ferry back which in actuality was worse that day. Alex acknowlwdged but stayed the course and said things would be calmer when we reached a nice littile beach he had in mind. Sure enough, as we approached the beach, the water was calm and blue to the bottom. My Grandson and I got out and swam and played on the beach.

My wife,son and daughterinlaw proceeded to get into a family scrape over who knows what. next thisng I know Alex is making peace, And he just stayed out and kept on talking aobut anything and everything.

We ended up in a little snorkling area that was safe and had a great amount of fish and sea life to the clear bottom. Jacob was very brave and jumped off the back of the boat into the somewhat cold water!

I would recommend Alex in a heartbeat especially if you have a diverse grpoup to please. Oh...My family made up later that night and we had a wonderful vacation...In great part due to the skill and psychology of our Brave captain---Alex..

Visited February 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Perfect Day on the Water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a phenomenal day with Captain Alex! Alex was a great tour guide to the area. He did a great job of reading our group with deciding how best to spend our day, and took us to check out some great views and some great beach bars. He was a pleasure to spend the day with exploring the BVIs. He is very professional and very personable! I highly recommend him!

Visited December 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
“Captain Alex is the BEST!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Captain Alex ensured a memorable day of perfection. First of all his boat is flawless & in pristine condition!!! He is extremely professional & didn't miss a beat to ensure our family had a day to remember! He knows exactly where to take you for the best snorkeling & then practically delivers you to shore to visit the highlights of the area. I highly recommend chartering his services. I just hope I can get back some day soon! Thank you Captain Alex :)
Jamie & my daughter Chelsea

Visited January 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Spectacular Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Fortunately for us, Captain Alex was referred to us by another boat captain in the area. We had an amazing day with him exploring St Johns & the BVI. He took us to a great area to snorkel & then to Soggy Dollar. Not only did we find Alex to be very professional, but he was extremely competent & knows the area very well. We can't wait to come back & visit. We would definitely call Captain Alex again!!

Visited January 2013
Golden Valley
“Captain Alex is Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had the best day, it was the highlight of our trip. Alex was very accommodating and customized the trip for us. It could not have been better and the boat was beautiful.

Visited November 2012