We stayed July 12-20 at unit B-11 Bargain on the Beach. We had a fantastic time. The unit was clean, fully stocked with everything you could possibly need, beautiful view, bed was comfy, decor was a very nice beach theme. There was a new washer/dryer which we used quite a few times. This was so handy to toss in beach towels and swim suits. I was even able to come home with clean clothes. Plenty of snorkeling gear, beach toys, etc. There was WIFI and a printer to print our boarding passes. They had a large flat screen TV in the main area and smaller one in the bedroom. We didn't watch much TV, but did enjoy having them. They are equipped with all kinds of starter supplies. I am sure guests leave all kinds of things for the next tenant just like we did.
We had trouble with the air conditioner one day and it wasn't working. Norma the person that takes care of the condo for the owners Steve and Honey sent someone over and it was repaired by the time we got home that afternoon. Now that's service.
The location is near Red Hook and so convenient. There are a lot of restaurants and shops along with a decent grocery store. We found Cost U Less to be cheaper and stopped there twice coming back from town.
The snorkeling was terrific. We saw a huge spotted eagle ray, sea turtles, star fish, squid, live conchs, barracuda and tons of various fish.
The grounds were landscaped very nice. Diane the beach attendant was a sweetheart. She had our chairs setup for us each morning. If we decided to go back to the condo for a quick lunch, she watched our stuff for us.
There is a nice salt water pool we used the few times we just didn't feel like getting sandy again
I would definitely rent a car though. It is a ways out there and you don't get to experience the rest of the island if you just stay put at your unit.
I would not hesitate to stay at Crystal Cove again and especially at unit B11. One hint I got from these boards is to always rent from an owner. I used VRBO, but there are other sites that owner's post their condo's on.
Thanks Steve for sharing your condo with us.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Cove Beach Resort On Sapphire Bay Hotel St. Thomas
- Crystal Cove Beach St Thomas
- Crystal Cove Condos St Thomas
- Crystal Cove Condominiums
- Crystal Cove Beach Resort On Sapphire Bay St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands