“B-11 is Pure Heaven! Right on the BEST Beach in St. Thomas” 5 of 5 stars

Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Estate Smith Bay, 00802, St. Thomas   |
Ranked #6 of 22 hotels in St. Thomas
Pasadena, CA
“B-11 is Pure Heaven! Right on the BEST Beach in St. Thomas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Where do I start?? This place is truly Heaven on Earth. We decided to book this wonderful condo after reading all the great reviews and we were NOT disappointed!

This is truly the most wonderful vacation spot in all of St. Thomas. You are right on what's considered to be the best beach in St Thomas. And you're located on the very best section of that beach! No one tells you that but it is true!

We would wake up, throw on our bathing suits and stroll right out onto our own private beach with our own wonderful cabana girl, Amber, who took great care of all the guests. Talk about the high life! They offer nice, comfy lounge chairs just for the condo residents and you can have them set out wherever you wish. Because I am fair skinned and burn easily, I had my favorite spot under a tree right near the water and my husband could lay next to me and still be in the sun. Everyone who lives and stays there is so friendly so you're really in an ideal spot.

Whenever we mustered up the energy we just got up and strolled inside to freshen up our drinks or use the bathroom. Sometimes we took advantage of the nice lady just down the beach who has a her own small stand and sells sodas, beer, wine and cocktails for a very reasonable price. If we didn't feel like cooking, a waitress from the resort next door would come by regularly and take food and drink orders. Their food was good too.

The water was so nice and tranquil with lapping gentle waves. The owners, Steve and Honey, stock the place with plenty of snorkel equipment and fins of all sizes to suit anyone. They even had sunscreen and bug spray, and tons of beach towels - wow! We snorkeled and saw sea turtles, some beautifully colored fish, and a giant grouper. Our neighbor said she had seen some rays when she was snorkeling earlier.

The condo itself is sooo cute and it's just perfect! And HUGE!! They decorated it with such care. It has a tasteful, beachy theme like you would find in a nice boutique hotel or a bed and breakfast. You're comfortable enough that you feel like you are home so you can fully relax and enjoy all the amenities they offer you. They really do think of everything and I can see why B-11 gets so many great reviews. You can tell they really care and want you to enjoy yourself. Steven is in touch with you to make sure you're happy and answers all his emails immediately from the time you book till you arrive. We even had the lady who cleans, Norma, stop by and say Hi and just check in on us when we were lounging out front one evening. She is so sweet and funny! So is Steven, by the way, if you happen to correspond with him you will see for yourself.

We watched some great movies from their vast video collection. There are plenty of books offered in their library as well. There was just the two of us so we slept in the master bed and it was very comfy and large, which is important when you're sleeping in a new place. There are two big bathrooms so we were able to save time showering and getting ready.

The appliances are all very nice and all work very well, They stock all the basics (spices, etc) and even have a bbq so if you do feel like cooking you have everything you need at your fingertips. There is a store down the way that you can drive or take a cab or a "dollah" bus to. ($1 and they run regularly). We stocked up on steaks and fresh fish, lunch and breakfast essentials and ate really well at home some days and made our way into town (5 min away) to enjoy some fabulous meals also.

I read the other reviews talk about how great the amenities are but I was not prepared for everything they offered. Let's just say I packed way too many things because they had everything I needed right there - shampoo, conditioner, body wash, makeup remover towelettes, etc. If I had it to do over again, I would have packed MUCH lighter, and knowing I was going to the store anyway for groceries, check to see what I need against what they have on hand. Chances are you won't need anything, trust me.

They also have a very nice salt water pool so we went there one evening and it was nice and quiet. We laid in the lounge chairs and looked up at the stars in the clear night sky.

We wandered down the beach a short way to the other resort next door one day and were so proud of ourselves for booking our condo where we did. The beach itself is much nicer where B-11 is, soft and sandy, while the resort down the way has a beach that is rocky with lots of coral. Our condo was much nicer than the condos at the resort.

I can't imagine doing what Steve and Honey do but I'm so glad they do it! It is truly a labor of love and you can tell they really care. If you want to stay someplace where you feel safe and can truly unwind in a wonderful atmosphere then book with them. I saw it listed as "B-11: Bargain on the Beach" but it is really "B-11: Heaven on Earth"

I saw Steven listed the B-11 vacation rental on VRBO under #168746 and also on HOME AWAY under #245229 if you have trouble finding it online. He will get back to you right away.

Room Tip: B-11 or Bust!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
East Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Had a wonderful time at Crystal Cove. My wife especially enjoyed the water aerobics class. This condo has all the amenities needed for a great time from the location near the beach, to the washer and dryer, to the large nicely furnished condo. Can't wait to go back next year and many years to come.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ft. Walton Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We spent 10 days in D28 at Crystal Cove. I called Sherri, the owner, prior to booking, and talked to her at length about what we were looking for during our vacation there. Sherri was fabulous and everything she told us was completely true! We loved her condo... Crystal Cove itself is in a fantastic location, so really, there are no bad locations within the condos. We loved D28 though because it was on the top floor, facing the pond/water. Just perfect. Furnished in a simple and lovely style, all the appliances/accessories we needed, quiet (other than the sound of the waves), and just wonderful. I highly recommend D28 and Crystal Cove! (As a side, we spent most of our nights in Red Hook - Must Dos: Duffy's Love Shack, The Big Bamboo, XO Bistro, Coco Blue, and Fish Tails.

St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We rented a studio unit in the "A" building. I thought the complex at crystal cove was a bit dated but clean and nice. Our unit was clean and met our needs just fine but I also thought it was in need of updating. The beach is spectacular!! We did not rent a car and found the dollar bus easy to navigate. We would often take the dollar bus to Red Hook and take a cab back at night. I wished we could have walked as it's not that far but the road just isn't safe. After seeing both the Crystal Cove and Sapphire Beach Resort properties I believe Sapphire Beach resort is nicer. Their pool is really nice and right on the ocean.. Yes the bar is closed but the space is beautiful. The pool at CC is in the back of the complex and not as nice. There is a bar/restaurant up the hill (sapphire grill) that had decent food and live music. Also dont miss the food truck - Off the Grid at the top of the hill - amazing BBQ. My understanding is each condo unit varies so do your research. We rented through VRBO and had no issues. Norma and her staff at Crystal Cove were top notch. I would not hesitate to stay in this area again but might explore options at Sapphire Beach resort just because the location and pool are better.

• Stayed February 2013
san francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This is the second year in a row we returned to crystal cove and unit B11. This year, we had the added perspective of traveling with 3 other couples who all booked different condos at crystal cove. All 4 of our condos were in excellent condition, well maintained, and very clean. All of our friends preferred B11, however, as their condos were not stocked, not even close to the way B11 is. Almost immediately our friends had to go to the store for basic necessities, I.e. toilet paper, paper towels, etc... B11 is so well stocked that we could have postponed our grocery store trip indefinitely! The owners, Steve and Honey are so easy to deal with and B 11 and crystal cove are so great that as soon as we got home, we began emailing Steve to return again next year! It really is the best place on the island to stay. Great restaurants in nearby Red Hook, easy access to by 15 minute ferry to St. John (the ferry leaves from Red Hook). The marina at sapphire beach at crystal cove (best beach on the island, and I used to live there, been to all of them) is walking distance so there is easy access to any number of day sails and boat trips to the BVI. Easy access to dollar taxis and 'real' taxis. Although, I suggest renting a car. If possible, even more fun this year than last! Can't wait to return, and we'll probably always stay in B11!!! Book on vrbo.com or homeaway.com. It seems like the only people on here that had difficulty booked on some other travel site. Seriously, Steve is so responsive, he will ge back to you almost immediately. Seriously, B11 and crystal cove are so great my husband and really are talking about buying there someday!
VRBO#168746

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Evanston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

B-11 condo is pure heaven it is very clean, large, well stocked, it has everything you need I mean everything!!!, ground level no stairs to climb, steps from the beach, palm trees out the door, beautiful view, 10 minutes from the food center, and working with Steve and Honey is just excellent, Steve is very very fast at communicating with you, my wife and I stayed in Jan. 2013, we will be back to B-11, also the condo staff are so wonderful and nice.

West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The people are so, so nice here! Beach is just beautiful, and so clean! We stayed in Unit D2 which is fixed up nicely. This complex was built in 1969 and the outside badly needs renovating and the landscaping is "blah". The pool area also needs updating. But we loved it anyway - the unit was nice and clean, and the beach so gorgeous that we couldn't help but have a great time.
We love this location - so close to Red Hook, restaurants and ferry to St John, - we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Unit D2 - it is upstairs but nice and clean and spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay? Share your experiences!