“B-11 Condo - very well stocked & perfect location!” 4 of 5 stars

Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Estate Smith Bay, 00802, St. Thomas   |
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in St. Thomas
Edgerton, WI
“B-11 Condo - very well stocked & perfect location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

After searching on TripAdvisor we booked B-11 for Nov 29- Dec 8, 2012. We just got back and found it to be the *PERFECT* location from which to explore all of St. Thomas and other islands (we took the ferry to St. John, Virgin Gorda and Jost Van Dyke - all very highly recommended). You are literally a 3 minute drive into Red Hook (lots of bars & restaurants), probably 10 minutes to Food Center for groceries.

The condo is *really* well furnished: full kitchen, tons of beach towels, HE Washer & Dryer, 2 bathrooms, cable TV, movies, books, snorkel gear and floaties. The bedding and pillows were decent, and there were plenty of extras.

As some have referenced the entire Crystal Cove property isn't brand new, more from the 50s/60s, but it really doesn't matter because the condo is in good shape itself and most importantly the beach is literally one of the *best on the island* (we explored nearly all of them -and Sapphire wins for water color, beach size and the crowd). We did not even visit the pool once.

You are a 2 minute walk from the front door of the condo to your beach chair (there are plenty of chairs). There are 2 places to get drinks on the beach, one a local lady selling goodies out of a cooler and one about a 5 minute walk down to the next resort. The one at the resort has the BEST Lime in de Coconut drinks. Plus they have waitresses that come all the way down to where the Sapphire chairs are - which is really nice.

If you have realistic expectations for the condo, that the condo isn't going to be the Ritz (because you're not paying Ritz prices), then you'll be really happy at B-11 as we were. Is everything brand new and perfectly pristine? Nope. But we didn't expect it to be and were VERY happy with our stay. ***We would absolutely recommend and stay at B-11 again.***

Working with Steve was extremely easy and he was very responsive. We had a little issue with the AC and he immediately responded and got it taken care of.

One other note: I would recommend renting a car - it was the first time we'd done so on a tropical vacation - and found it really well worth the money. We got a great deal and had a great experience with Dependable Car rental. It made it really easy to explore the entire island and St. John.

VRBO number (168746) or the HomeAway number number (245229).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Parsippany, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My family - 3 adults, two children - stayed at Crystal Cove C-14 from November 8-12, 2012. We found it on VRBO.

Prior to booking, I did extensive research on various places to stay in St. Thomas and determined that Crystal Cove on Sapphire Beach fit our needs. I then reviewed numerous condo units and concluded that C-14 had what we needed. Well, I don't regret one second of the research because our short vacation was perfect. I would strongly recommend this condo unit.

Crystal Cove is a collection of four buildings on Sapphire Beach, which is about a half mile from Red Hook near the St. John Ferry.

Why Sapphire Beach? Because it is as beautiful of a beach as you'll find on St. Thomas. Nice crescent shape which was never crowded when we were there - even when cruise ships were in port. Water was beautiful shades of blue, warm and calm. Great snorkeling right off the shoreline. You have seagrape trees for shade - or can find ample sunshine throughout the day. Did I mention the view? You don't look out on a blank horizon. Sapphire has views of neighboring St. John, Tortola and Jost Van Dyke. Trust me - the view will take your breath away. If you have kids, they'll love the wildlife on the beach and at Crystal Cove. Iguanas. Ducks. Various species of birds. My daughter was just as excited about tracking the virtual zoo as she was about the beach. The beach attendant, Diane, is an absolute pleasure to speak with and quite helpful. There is a small beach bar with potent rum drinks - and I saw attendants walking the beach taking drink orders. My vacations are almost always centered on beaches - and I try to find the nicest beaches on a given island. Sapphire did not disappoint. It compares favorably with the nicest Caribbean beaches.

Why C-14? Spacious. Modern. Amenities galore. Accommodating and responsive owners. I could go on - and I will! C-14 is a one-bedroom, two-bathroom condo on the second floor. The C building is smack in the middle of Crystal Cove. When you open the blinds on the windows in the front, you have a million dollar view. Don't take my word for it - look at the photos on the VRBO page. Some people have to spend hundreds of dollars extra per night for a great view. Not with C-14.

We had five people - three adults, one large teen and a younger pre-teen. Had no problem with space - sleeping, bathrooms, dining - none whatsoever. Don't feel you need a two-bedroom unit. This one-bedroom condo was plenty big. The kitchen was very modern and stocked with every appliance you could need. Unit had snorkel equipment, floats, a cooler for the beach, towels, two flat screen tvs with cable - the list goes on. When the owners described their unit as a piece of paradise, they were not exaggerating.

Crystal Cove is a 3-minute drive to Red Hook - where you'll find many good choices for dining and the St. John ferry. You are close enough for take out or to pick up something at a grocery store without missing a lot of beach time.

My advice - do your own research. Look at the units on VRBO. And then look for C-14. We had a great time - and hope to come back soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

HomeAway number 245229

This was an amazing and beautiful place to stay. VERY clean, spacious, plenty of room and all the amenities. Steve was easy to work with and very helpful. It only took about 90 seconds to walk to the beach and sit in the chairs provided. The beach is the best that I visited, and that includes Trunk Bay.

I can't wait to go back, and will probably spend even longer. It is quiet, you can't hear the neighbors, but there is enough going on that it seems safe.

Having two bathrooms was nice, along with the kitchen having everything you could possibly need. Plus, the bed was amazingly comfortable. I can't say enough good things about this experience.

Room Tip: Only need to choose one - B-11
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here on my last business trip. These are rented condos that I chose because they advertised wi-fi and cable tv. The unit had no Internet access of any kind and cable consisted of 12 channels -- 8 were local access or shopping. Even worse than this was the service. I checked in just before 5. No one to help with luggage and as soon as I checked in, the office closed. I was pointed to my room and given a cell phone number to call if any issues. Upon arriving at my room -- which was unlocked with the key inside, I immediately called about the issues above. The "manager" was completely unsympathetic and offered exactly zero assistance. I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Perhaps one of the best places on the island. Not the fanciest, however,the location is one of the best with views of St. John's and the British VI from our porch. Reasonably priced and well located less than 1 mile from Red Hook with let's of restaurants, shops and the ferry to St.John. We stayed at C-6 for many years, liked it and will return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in B-11 (Home Away 245229 in August 2012. We have been on St. Thomas many times in the last 30 years. We are living in Switzerland and finding a nice place was not always easy. To stay in B-11 was wonderful. The location is awesome and Honey and Steve provided us with everything we needed and made it really easy (payment, contact, information about the house etc.) We are looking forward to go back soon and would like to thank Honey and Steve very much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I can't say enough good things about SHERI'S BY THE SEA IN CRYSTAL COVE. Great facility. Beautiful decor inside and lavish landscaping out. The bed was comfortable. The couches were plush. I felt as if I were at home. All the amenities. Air conditioning, everything in the kitchen you need. Including extras you wouldn't expect. Gorgeous view. I would've been happy to never leave the property. The walk to the beach took about 1 minute. Soo close! The windows open in the condo to hear the waves and to let fresh air in. I truly wanted to stay forever. I will definately be going back. There are trees on the beach so you can stay all day long and not worry about sunburn. It is peaceful. Diane is there to greet you and offer a chair or lounger. She is also good with suggestions of places to eat and things to do. The temperature of the water is perfect. I have never been in more perfect water. Back to the condo. There is a sunroom to sit and enjoy. A den with huge flatscreen and even Dish Network!! Talk about all the comforts of home. The beach is truly in your backyard. It was quiet in our condo. It was everything and more that I could dream of. I will definately be going back. The people are so nice and the property is so well kept. I felt like I was on my own private island. If you have been looking for the perfect place to stay, look no further. Sheri's by the sea is pure heaven!!
SHERI'S BY THE SEA Crystal Cove D28 VRBO# 334452

Room Tip: You won't want to leave! We've stayed a lot of places on St. Thomas and Crystal Cove D28 VRB...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay? Share your experiences!