After searching on TripAdvisor we booked B-11 for Nov 29- Dec 8, 2012. We just got back and found it to be the *PERFECT* location from which to explore all of St. Thomas and other islands (we took the ferry to St. John, Virgin Gorda and Jost Van Dyke - all very highly recommended). You are literally a 3 minute drive into Red Hook (lots of bars & restaurants), probably 10 minutes to Food Center for groceries.
The condo is *really* well furnished: full kitchen, tons of beach towels, HE Washer & Dryer, 2 bathrooms, cable TV, movies, books, snorkel gear and floaties. The bedding and pillows were decent, and there were plenty of extras.
As some have referenced the entire Crystal Cove property isn't brand new, more from the 50s/60s, but it really doesn't matter because the condo is in good shape itself and most importantly the beach is literally one of the *best on the island* (we explored nearly all of them -and Sapphire wins for water color, beach size and the crowd). We did not even visit the pool once.
You are a 2 minute walk from the front door of the condo to your beach chair (there are plenty of chairs). There are 2 places to get drinks on the beach, one a local lady selling goodies out of a cooler and one about a 5 minute walk down to the next resort. The one at the resort has the BEST Lime in de Coconut drinks. Plus they have waitresses that come all the way down to where the Sapphire chairs are - which is really nice.
If you have realistic expectations for the condo, that the condo isn't going to be the Ritz (because you're not paying Ritz prices), then you'll be really happy at B-11 as we were. Is everything brand new and perfectly pristine? Nope. But we didn't expect it to be and were VERY happy with our stay. ***We would absolutely recommend and stay at B-11 again.***
Working with Steve was extremely easy and he was very responsive. We had a little issue with the AC and he immediately responded and got it taken care of.
One other note: I would recommend renting a car - it was the first time we'd done so on a tropical vacation - and found it really well worth the money. We got a great deal and had a great experience with Dependable Car rental. It made it really easy to explore the entire island and St. John.
VRBO number (168746) or the HomeAway number number (245229).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Cove Beach Resort On Sapphire Bay Hotel St. Thomas
- Crystal Cove Beach St Thomas
- Crystal Cove Condos St Thomas
- Crystal Cove Condominiums
- Crystal Cove Beach Resort On Sapphire Bay St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands