“a little disappointed!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in St. Thomas
GreenLeadersGold level
“a little disappointed!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I was there for Memorial Day weekend. The resort was very nice. The service at the pool and bar was great. However, I had travelled there because I wanted to swim with the turtles. Victoria, the concierge, was very incompetent and did not provide me with the correct information for me to go and swim with the turtles. I came back to New York and I never swam with the turtles. I will probably will never go back to this place as that was my main reason to go there in the first place. I WANT TO STRESS THAT THE ONLY REASON THAT I AM NOT GIVING 5 STAR FOR SERVICE IS DUE TO VICTORIA ONLY. The rest of the people at the resort were very nice and competent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Alex T, General Manager at Bluebeard's Beach Club and Villas, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Elena,
Thank you for the feedback and please be assured that I will address the Activities situation. I apologize for the inconvenience. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This is our third time to visit but not the last. We brought grandchildren (young adults) and they had a great time. Beautiful setting beach and pool. There are no bad views from any room. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Victoria the activities director is great. She has lots of things available for you to set up and do on the island. From sailing to night snorkeling, to a romantic sunset dinner cruise. The rooms are always in great and comfortable but who spends time inside at the beach. The road is fixed and the store stays open from 8 to 5, pool bar, flowers everywhere. The restaurant will be open soon also. Looking forward to the next time!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms all have beautiful views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Alex T, General Manager at Bluebeard's Beach Club and Villas, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hello Deena
Thank you for the kind words. We are glad to hear that you and your grandchildren enjoyed your stay, and took advantage of the resort activities! Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We spent a week on our honeymoon at Bluebeard's, and we had an amazing time! The room was big, clean and recently renovated. The pool and beach were both beautiful. Both bartenders at the pool bar were great, and the various cookouts that they do during the week were very convenient. I researched all of our activities myself, so we did not use the Activities Director. All of the staff that we interacted with were very kind and helpful. We rented a car, which I would recommend doing if you are going to explore the island. The resort is located close to town, and it is not too far of a drive to the East End. They have kayak and other rentals, but the hut is only open for a few hours a day. There is a computer in the lobby for guests to use. The one thing that we would recommend is that a restaurant be added to the property. They are renovating the existing building, but it doesn't look like it will be finished anytime soon. I would recommend this hotel to couples or families that like a quiet environment, because it is a small resort. There were very few people around during our week, which we liked. We would definitely return to Bluebeard's Beach Club!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Alex T, General Manager at Bluebeard's Beach Club and Villas, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Kerry,
Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I can assure you that the restaurant will be open before your return! Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We spent seven nights at Bluebeards and it was one of the best vacations we have been on. The secluded beach and pool were just what the doctor ordered for us to relax and unwind.

The staff at the resort, bar and store went above and beyond to ensure that we had an excellent experience . Thank you all for an outstanding vacation and we will be back!

Stayed July 2014
Alex T, General Manager at Bluebeard's Beach Club and Villas, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Mike,
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and had wonderful time.
Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Recently stayed here with a group of my girl friends. Cheryl checked us in and was the friendliness "hotel" staff we ran into. On Sunday we attended orientation which let's guests know what is on property and what to do on island. NOTHING was mentioned about the LIMETREE GIFT AND GROCERY that is RIGHT on property and has great snacks and small grocery options for you're room. So we ended up paying for a cab to go get groceries when we could have just stayed on property! Also nothing was mentioned that the POOL BAR ON PROPERTY serves sandwiches everyday and also has an Italian buffet night as well as a cook out on Fridays. We had ZERO knowledge of this thanks to the hotel staff. We met and talked with other guests that week that also did not know about the gift shop and grocery on property that also serves breakfast. Had we known we would have never gotten a cab to go off property... Which is really expensive in St. Thomas. We spent most of our time in the pool and at the swim up pool bar. We watched Victoria (the "activities director") walk by the pool numerous times and not acknowledge ANY guests. We later found out she was walking by to see if "locals" were in the pool. We found this out because one of our friends is black and therefore Victoria deemed her to be a "local" and tried to have her own hotel guests kicked out! Now here is the kicker! We really wanted to spend time at "The Baths" at Virgin Gorda, so we went to Wyndams activity coordinator Victoria who insisted the best and cheapest way to get there was a tour through New Horizons. What she failed to tell us was that we would spend less than 20 minutes at The Baths. We later found out that we could have chartered our own boat for A LOT cheaper then the tour Victoria sold us. She also suggested Duffys as a place with really good local food. Wings and corn dogs is NOT what we were looking for. I can only assume she gets private kick backs for sending Wyndam hotel guests there.

The property is gorgeous and has a great beach. It is extremely quiet and relaxing. The pool bar is awesome, open, and serves sandwiches. Chris and Beau who work at the bar really made our week special. The Limetree gift and grocery does breakfast every day, they have produce, alcohol, and snacks. Karrie and Nick who run the gift shop are full of information and incredibly nice. My only regret is not talking to the staff who truly make this Wyndam property work!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Alex T, General Manager at Bluebeard's Beach Club and Villas, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Alli,
I am disappointed to hear our services and amenities did not meet your expectations. I know that when you are staying with us one of the perks is to be able to enjoy the resort amenities and to be informed accordingly of them. I can assure you that i will address the process of relaying the information about the resort amenities to our owners/guests. I value your suggestions and feedback, as it gives us guidance on what to provide our guests during vacation. Thank you.
Marysville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

BBC is a private resort with a private beach, so if you want to relax without a crowd, this is the place for you. The pool bar is where the party is! When the restaurant is done and the activity director actually gets something going on at the resort, you won't want or need to leave the property! All in all a great vacation and I plan to return!

Stayed July 2014
Kelli, Thank you for the kind words and we are glad you enjoyed your stay, especially the pool bar. I we will share it with the pool bar staff.
Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I booked a girls' getaway for my birthday at BBC. Stayed June 18-24. Initially, I was concerned because of some of the photos from other travelers. Let me just say that the photos don't do the units justice at all! This quaint little gem is fully renovated, clean, and very comfortable. There really isn't a bad view from any of the rooms. We stayed on the top floor of building G. The beach was very clean and very private. Despite full occupancy, neither the beach nor the pool was ever crowded while we were there. The onsite store was ample for basic needs although a bit pricey (about $26 for a pack of bacon, doz eggs, loaf of bread and a stick of butter, and a gallon of water), However, this lasted us the week for breakfast. Everyone was friendly and helpful from check-in to the pool bar, to the concierge. No one "bothered" us or wanted to talk extensively about my Wyndham ownership. A good thing! Chris, Zach and Beau were great at the pool bar where they served drinks-some specials-paninis and amazing hot dogs. Personally, I would have preferred to hear more "island music", but...oh well. If you are looking for someplace to relax, this is it! We visited other resorts, and none beat BBC's beach and charming ambience. The only thing missing would be an on-site restaurant. Other tips would be to be to prepare to pay an energy fee of about $12 per day/per person, taxi's run $10-$12 pp one way, and pack some OFF for the no see ums/sand flies. It's a tropical location and they will eat you up esp, if you use any sweet smelling soaps or lotions. All in all, this was one of my favorite vacations and I will definitely be returning!

~Pamela B.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Alex T, General Manager at Bluebeard's Beach Club and Villas, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Pamela, Thank you for the kind words. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, from the unit view, service, beach seclusion and ambiance, to the pool bar and serenity of the place! Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Bluebeard's Beach Club and Villas? Share your experiences!