“Memorial day weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
20% Savings On Room Rate
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in St. Thomas
“Memorial day weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

amazing weekend, amazing resort overall couldnt be more satisfied with the ritz carlton. Elegant at its finest the staff was very accomadating in all aspects all requests were met. The view was glorious the food was delicous. I will def return next year for a return vacation.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am a Ritz Gold member and I absolutely can't say enough about the staff at the St Thomas Ritz. I would give it a 5 star, but I can't because of a situation which I'll explain later. First I will list all of the positives. It was our 21st anniversary trip. Check-in was great, and we were escorted via golf cart to our tower. The property is absolutely incredible. We stayed on the Club level with a balcony. The views are absolutely spectacular. I can't say enough about it. The room was roomy, and all of the amenities were amazing. The decor was flawless and the room was perfect. The balcony was huge with amazing patio furniture.

Club level: The club level was heaven on earth - literally. The rum bar? Are you kidding me? The food was spectacular too - from breakfast to appetizers the rest of the day. There was a full day of rain and we spent most of the day in the club level. It was fantastic because of the rum and the views are incredible. We missed breakfast upon checkin by 15 minutes, and the staff promptly brought back out some dishes that hadn't been put away yet. Are you kidding me? Incredible! We stayed for two days at the beginning and end of our trip to the VI's - and between then, they stored our extra bags for us! Are you kidding me, again?

The landscaping is nothing short of amazing. Flawless and gorgeous. The pool area is expansive and awesome...several different pools with wonderful views of the beach and ocean. Another example of excellent service was an incident that happened to our friend who was also staying there. He was on a paddleboard in the water and slipped, and his feet both landed on top of a patch of Sea Urchin! He ended up with over 300 sea urchin needles in his feet. He was in the worst pain of his life and the staff quickly responded. During this time, someone from the Ritz Carlton staff DROVE TO THE STORE to get him Epsom Salts and Vinegar, and brought it to our room so he could soak his feet in it! Are you kidding me, again? Amazing!

Now to the only negative. There was a business convention going on, and there was a party for it going on in the room above us (That we were paying $1,000/night for!). It was incredibly loud both above us and coming in through the balcony. I mean, LOUD and it was 2am. I called the front desk and it took about 30 minutes for anything to quiet down, which at that time was only about 30 more minutes until they picked back up again. 4am the party was still going on and they were super drunk. I had to call the front desk 3 times to complain about the partiers, but it just felt like they were able to do whatever they wanted since they were there for a convention. When paying $1,000 a night and traveling for your anniversary vacation, you want peace and sleep! There was none of it for two particular evenings we stayed while this convention was going on.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this incredible property again, but I would ask in advance if there was a convention going on because I would NOT stay there if there was. It really ruined the peace of our vacation and made sleep difficult.

I've been to the Virgin Islands twice now and can't wait to return this fall.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Jana F,

First of all, I want to thank you for being a loyal Ritz-Carlton guest, and thank you for your fabulous review of your time here at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed our Club Lounge, rooms, landscaping, and most importantly, the service provided by our wonderful Ladies and Gentlemen who are truly the heart of our resort.

I’m so sorry to hear about the noise you experienced, but thank you for your account and feedback. We certainly do not prioritize any guests over others, and I will be in touch with the team so that we can avoid similar incidents for future guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experienced, and we’re certainly looking forward to welcoming you back to paradise!

Bernd Kuhlen
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The resort was absolutely beautiful and very well maintained.Wonderful views and very nice rooms.The bellstaff service was on the spot every time you needed help.VERY helpful at all times.Only ate at the restaurants one time,average meal.Good taco bar on the beach for lunch by the wonderful pool.Tried to eat dinner
at Sails Saturday night but was told to come back 45 mins.later even though there were many empty tables and the bar had 2 people sitting in it.The hostess was very less than accommodating even snotty.Anyway we went next door and spent our money and a great meal!(I cant understand turning down money)The only other negative experience was at checkout and we were charged the 65.00 resort fee twice for every day. Better check your bill,seems a little shady to me.Overall a very nice trip.

Room Tip: Get a high room for great views
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
STTRZGM, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear john t,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our resort. I’m so happy to see that you enjoyed your time, and I’m always especially pleased to hear about our team, so I’ll certainly pass along your compliments to our incredible bellmen. Our “Sea to Sails” event on Tuesdays and Saturdays is quite popular, and I apologize that you didn’t get to experience it, or worse, that you didn’t feel welcome. I will speak with the team about your experience so that we can be sure to avoid similar incidents in the future.

Thank you again for your kind words and feedback, and hopefully we’ll get to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas soon!

Ian McPhee
Director of Operations
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Amazing property, very tropical and relaxing. All amenities are top notch. Great large bathrooms with extra large showers and tubs. Patios are oversized. Amazing service especially at the pool area! Excellent drinks and food. You can also take advantage of the vacation club side of the property. Quick taxi to Red Hook

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Ritz for business a couple of days. Beautiful property with stunning views. Food was great. Rooms were beautiful. I stayed in a standard room which was tastefully decorated and very spacious and cozy at the same time. Staff was friendly and fun to be around. It's a Ritz. What else can you expect?

Room Tip: Pay for the Preferred Club. They put on a good spread and it will save you money on food for purcha...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Every room has an amazing view! A minute walk away from the gorgeous crystal clear waters of your very own private beach! The pool is beautiful as well! This is true paradise, and I'm already from Florida!

All of the staff was delightful and helpful, especially in the club! I felt taken care of at all times.

The kayaks, paddleboards, floats, and pool noodles are free to use. You can take kiteboarding or sailing lessons right there on the beach. The beach chairside service was also delightful!

Despite the hot temperatures, a lovely ocean/mountain breeze keeps the temperatures perfect.

Only tips: lots of sunscreen, and bug spray! Leave your phone in your room and relax in paradise!

Stayed May 2015
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Beautiful property, food is excellent, staff was friendly & helpful. Short ferry ride to St. John, & the views are amazing. Scuba on site makes this very convenient . We have been enjoying this resort for years & never disappoints.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear fitzenreiter,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel. I’m so pleased to hear that you continue to return to us and enjoy our location and facilities.

We’ll see you again!

Bernd Kuhlen

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas? Share your experiences!