“Simply the best on St. Thomas....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
20% Savings On Room Rate
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in St. Thomas
Raleigh, NC
“Simply the best on St. Thomas....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife told me she wanted to go somewhere warm while she was on vacation. I found a great package on Expedia for the Ritz Carlton, St. Thomas. Booked it on a Monday and we left Wednesday.

From the moment you check in and walk out to the balcony and look out at the Mediterranean inspired architecture, the stress starts falling off. The property is beautiful. The rooms are what you would expect at a Ritz Carlton. Our room was on the ground floor of one of the outer buildings facing St. Johns. We could step out on the terrace and stare out at St Johns and just chill.

The infinity edge pool is outstanding! My wife normally doesn't go into pools, but she couldn't resist getting on a float and enjoying the water.

Beware: If you have a cocktail with fruit in it for decoration, the iguanas will RUN to get the fruit.

While we were there, I booked a dinner for two on the beach. It was wonderful. We were the only people on the beach that night, with our own server. Champagne, the starts, good food and the sound of waves lapping on the beach. Good times.

As one would expect, the staff at the RC is the best. All you had to do was ask and it was done.

Book a trip to the Ritz Carlton St. Thomas.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Staff is completely geared towards meeting your every need. Very attentive and extremely pleasant. Accommodations are first class and concierge services are exceptional. The restaurants available on property meet and exceed the best the Island has to offer

Room Tip: Upper floors have excellent views of the private beach, several first level floors walk out right in...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear mrstevelockhart,

I’m always especially happy to read reviews regarding our team, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

We hope we’ll get to welcome you back to St. Thomas soon!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

No question this is the finest hotel on St Thomas, US Virgin Islands. I spent four days at the hotel and was very pleased with the service, position of the hotel (on the beach) and food. Staff are outstanding - polite, helpful and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them. Rooms are roomy, clean and nicely decorated just as you would expect from the Ritz Carlton hotel group. The gardens are especially nice with large palms, beautiful flowers well-kept lawns and a path that runs alongside the various properties where the guest rooms. It can be a bit of a trek if you are provided a guest room at the very end of the property, but calling for a 'bell-cart' is just a phone call away and arrives quickly to whisk you to the reception area or restaurants. The restaurants are good too. I dined right outside Bleuwaters Restaurant - the food and wine was great. If you are visiting St Thomas, just be aware that if you take a taxi from the airport it could be a shared ride in a large van with the driver stopping at other hotels to let off passengers (not uncommon in the Caribbean). I booked a private car service which although expensive at $90.00 from airport to the Ritz was in my opinion better than a protracted journey with multiple stops.
As other reviewers have said, this is a great property and worth every penny.

Room Tip: When booking, ask for a hotel room close to reception as some of the guest rooms are quite a distanc...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Massapequa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband & I stayed at here the end of April. Cannot rave enough about the staff.
They were most professional, friendly and accomodating in every way. Rooms were OK, clean but ordinary. Furniture could use some up-dating. Restaurants were very good. Club lounge was beyond what we expected, excellent. Club lounge staff is exceptional. They couldn't have been better.
Found the beach area very disappointing. Water shoes, which are provided free of charge, are needed. The only really nice sandy area in the water is where "Lady Lyndsey" (a HUGE catamaran) is pulled into the beach when she is not in use. This takes away from the sandy swmming area as well as obstructing the view.

Room Tip: Be sure to have access to the club lounge.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
STTRZGM, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear scooter160,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and especially for your great compliments regarding our Ladies and Gentlemen. I agree that our team truly goes above and beyond to make each guest’s stay a special one. Lady Lynsey, our catamaran, “lives” out in Great Bay when not in use, so she was most likely on the beach dropping off a group of guests or picking up. I do apologize if this was prolonged or interfered with your enjoyment of our beach. We hope to welcome you back to paradise at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas!

Ian McPhee
Director of Operations
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I came to the Ritz to celebrate my birthday and it far exceeded my expectations. The suite had gorgeous ocean views with a wrap around terrace and was very clean. Every staff member on the property was so happy and willing to go above and beyond to make us feel welcome. The staff in the Club Lounge were particularly great. Shirley Benjamin really made my stay a birthday to remember. She set out champagne overlooking the ocean with a special birthday sign and booked all of our restaurant reservations- she even told the restaurant it was my birthday and the live band sang happy birthday to me. What a surprise! I'm not sure how I can ever top this past birthday. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: If you want food and beverages all day long, choose a room with Club Lounge access. Definitely worth...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear K S,

Thank you for sharing your birthday experience! I’m happy that we could help to make it a memorable one, and one that can’t be topped!

I’m always especially happy to see kind words about individual members of our team. I agree that Shirley does an exceptional job for our guests and will be sure to pass along your compliments. Thank you again and we’ll look forward to welcoming you back to paradise!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The staff at this resort went above and beyond to personalize our visit in every way you could imagine. We visited this property approximately 12 years ago and it was nice then, but the people working here now have taken it to another level and really deliver an exceptional experience. I would like to specifically recognize Marguerite, Darci, Steve, Dolly and Jamal for giving a handwritten note to our 8 year old son and presenting him with a cooler full of treats. He will always remember this gesture and every single person we encountered was extremely pleasant and courteous. We were granted a late check out and enjoyed every aspect of our stay....water sports, fitness center, pool are all fantastic. This is a great Ritz property, highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear chf3,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our resort! I’m so pleased to see that it was our team that really stood out to you and your family. Indeed, it’s stories such as this that we strive for every single day.

Thank you again, and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas!

Ian McPhee
Director of Operations
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I recently stayed here for our honeymoon and were blown away with the hospitality we received. I have personally stayed at over 15 different Ritz Properties and this is by far my favorite!
Our wonderful vacation began with our friendly driver, Cathy who was beyond accommodating. Cathy went out of our way to assist us and also provided with us great information about the island. Once we arrived to the hotel, we were greeted by more helpful staff but, Timothy and Luke really stood out. Both gentlemen helped us out during our stay and really made us feel welcomed. My husband and I stayed on the Club Level (well worth the extra cost) and it was fabulous! Every meal was incredible and the views from our room and the Club Lounge can not be beat! Shirley and Ruth in the Club Lounge are wonderful and so sweet! The grounds, beach and pool look like a post card! The restaurants and spa also is a must! My husband and I had a Cabana Massage and I can not thank Linda and Sherri enough for helping us relax!
If you want a perfect vacation, put your trust into the hands of the staff of The Ritz St.Thomas, you will not be disappointed!

Stayed May 2015
Dear Lillyb0822,

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful words about your vacation with us! I’m always especially happy to see the names of Ladies and Gentlemen who made your stay memorable. I will certainly pass along your compliments!

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We can’t wait to welcome you back to St. Thomas!

Bernd Kuhlen

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas? Share your experiences!