“Worth every penny to stay here ...” 5 of 5 stars

20% Savings On Room Rate
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in St. Thomas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
middletown, nj
“Worth every penny to stay here ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My husband and I just took our first kidless trip here from 4/19-4/23... There is not one bad thing I can possible come up with about our stay... The resort is amazing, the staff goes above and beyond and is always so friendly.
We stayed at the club level which is worth every penny.. They have presentations throughout the day which is enough food to fill you up all day and alcohol is available all day .. The women that work in the club lounge were wonderful and always there if you needed anything... An added bonus is the club concierge and they are able to help you with anything you need.
I've read reviews where people complained about the resort being too spread out or the beach not being big enough... Trust me it was never an issue... The resort is 100% easy to walk around, we never called for a ride and the beach was absolutely perfect..
I'm so happy we chose to spend our vacation here and will definetly be back.. No need to question staying here!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We stayed at the Ritz in St. Thomas this week for our honeymoon, and we had an incredible time. From the minute we checked in and were offered some champagne, I knew we were going to be taken care of. I had called a few months earlier to let them know I was on my honeymoon and to request and upgrade or something nice in the room. To my surprise they had not only upgraded us, but had chocolates and a lovely bottle of champagne in the room for us! Our room was very nice, we had an oceanfront king. The only two things I would mention are that the walls are very thin, to the point where we could hear the neighbors talking, and the mosquitos were frequent on the patio. Otherwise the room was great.

The staff were all nothing but friendly as well. I especially want to mention Mario, who gave us suggestions on what to do, where to eat, etc.

We ate at a few of the hotel restaurants, including sails for the fresh catch of the day, and bluewater for breakfast and dinner. They were a bit on the pricey side but well worth it!!

My wife visited the spa twice and was very pleased with th facilities as well as her massages. Both Sherri and Rita did a great job and were very friendly!

Overall, it was an incredible trip and i cant thank the staff enough. We are already wanting to plan our trip back!!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton for a few days this month. Overall, I think this is a great choice for St Thomas, but I have a few suggestions for travelers and the hotel.

The hotel is on the opposite side of the island from the airport so it can take 45-50 minutes to go about 11 miles.

This is an expensive place to stay. It is up there with some of the most expensive beach hotels I have ever stayed in. We upgraded to an ocean view, which was an extra $100 per night, but well worth it. If you can stay here on business, that would be the way to do it.

The hotel has incredibly nice staff. The restaurant staff was particularly friendly, not just nice, but truly friendly.

Our room was lovely. The bathroom was large- although I think more counter space instead of two huge sinks would have been better. The view from our balcony was beautiful. I would recommend staying away from the rooms next to the ice machine and staff closet ( Room 215 and anything above or below) as it can be noisy.

The restaurants are expensive. However, we went to a mediocre restaurant in Red Hook and it was expensive too. The breakfast buffet at the Ritz Carlton is $35 per person. We ate at the Italian restaurant one night. The half portions of pasta are small, but the salads and appetizers are generous. The bread and tapenade are good. It is nice to sit outside and eat on the patio. Not the best Italian, but not bad either.

While the hotel doesn't advertise it, guests can and should eat at Palazzo. This restaurant is located above the ownership units which are somewhat separated from the hotel. It has indoor and outdoor seating with views of the ocean.The owner of the restaurant made a point ot check in with us. The Tagine was very good, as was the grilled artichoke. The Pad Thai was a bit spicy for our tastes. Service was very good.

Guests should make it a point to go out on the Lady Lyndsey catamaran. We did the sunset sail and it was wonderful. The staff is great, the appetizers are quite good and so are the drinks. Since you can't see the sunset from the hotel due to the direction it faces, this is a great way to see the sunset. The guests on our sail were all very friendly and we got, and shared, some good tips about the area.

One of the biggest complaints I have about the hotel, is the pool and beach situation. There seemed to be too few chairs for the number of guests. Also, although I love little kids, most hotels of this caliber would have an adult pool. I was surpised at how many young children were at this hotel.

The rooms have Nespresso machines which is a nice touch if you like little cups of espresso. Personally, I think most people would prefer a Keurig or coffee maker.

We had a car during our visit. It was nice to have the car during the day, as the taxis are really open air trams and can be very crowded. Driving on the left isn't too bad, but driving at night is scary. If you stay at the Ritz Carlton, you can't really walk anywhere to shop or eat. On the positive side, the hotel is very close to the Red Hook ferry which takes you to St John. A day trip that is highly recommended.

Overall, I think this is a great choice on St Thomas if you don't mind the expense.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the ice machine and staff supply closets. Get a beach view.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I expect to pay for the best in room and resort accommodations when I stay at a Ritz, but why must they charge triple other places for everything else? And $65/day for a "resort fee" is just plain nonsense. I'm already paying to stay at a resort. Why are they separating this fee out other than to make their rooms appear to be more competitive?? As if we had a choice to not pay it! Turns out we never even used any of the facilities we were paying "extra" for.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to have ocean views.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Dave H,

Thank you for your review of our resort. I’m very pleased you enjoyed your experience with us, though I’m sorry you were disappointed with our resort fee. The daily fee includes use of all water sports equipment, parking, Internet, fitness classes and daily programs with Ambassadors of the Environment, additions which we feel really enhance the guest experience. It is truly not our intent to hide thisfee, but rather to provide our guests with a variety of amenities at their convenience.

Thank you again for the review and for choosing to stay with us. If you’re back in the Virgin Islands, we hope to welcome you to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas!

Bernd Kuhlen
Vero beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Staying at this hotel was a wonderful experience and the service was excellent! The only thing that was annoying during this trip was the fact that there was screaming kids and people throwing balls across the pool all day long. If the resort had a quiet pool or an adult pool all of this would be resolved. The food was good, but not amazing. Overall, the service was amazing as well as the attitudes of the employees. If your coming to Saint Thomas, come here because it was a great trip! We will definetely be back here again in the future!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
STTRZGM, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Kathleenjasmin,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of our resort, especially you compliments about our service! However, I’m sorry that you felt our pool was too loud. We welcome everyone to our resort, which oftentimes includes families of all ages. Fortunately, our guests are welcome to use the adults-only pool over at The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, just a short walk from the main resort.

Thank you again for your review, and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Ian McPhee
Director of Operations
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband took me here for my 50 th Birthday. From the time our car was met at the front gate until the day I left the whole staff told me "happy birthday. " we dined at all the restaurants on property and were never disappointed. We actually had a reservation off property the last night and decided to cancel and dined on property. Not a mistake. The beach staff was very helpful and professional. They helped us with snorkel gear and renting a boat with a captain for the day. Perfect day. We island hopped and did some great snorkeling. One day we rented a cabana and we had a great cabana guy ( steve). Who took care of us. Massages were on the list as well. Totally relaxing, very professional. Our room was perfect and well taken care of. The amenities were always replenished. We were on the club level. Which I would totally recommend. You could eat a full breakfast there. Omelet station with all fresh ingredients. The rest of the day is amazing as well. Cocktails, wine and beer.. If you have special request, just ask Carl and his staff. They treat you like family. They aim to please. Our stay was perfect. The staff at the ritz carlton st. Thomas work very hard to make everyone's stay perfect. So for that I would say " Thank you."

Room Tip: Club level is well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
STTRZGM, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear beverly352,

Thank you for your great review, and it was certainly our pleasure to have you here for your birthday! I’m so pleased to see that our team could help to make your special day a memorable one. I agree that our Ladies in Gentlemen from the Club Lounge to the restaurants truly go above and beyond to make our guests’ experiences special.

Thank you again for your great review, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Ian McPhee
Director of Operations
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We came here with another couple for a week of R&R. The people at the Ritz made sure we were not disappointed. Wonderful facility, nice pool and beach area. Water sports equipment included. The Ritz is on a small bay that gives you a lot of space to use the Hobe Cat, kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel...etc. The food is expensive but good. Their drinks are refreshing and tasty. Rooms are comfortable, clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly, helpful and just a pleasure. We would return without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas? Share your experiences!