“Friendly Staff and Gorgeous Property” 5 of 5 stars

$100 Resort Credit
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in St. Thomas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Friendly Staff and Gorgeous Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

From the moment you arrive on the property you are surrounded by friendly staff that bend over backwards to make your vacation perfect. Speedy checkin, followed by a tropical drink and you are whisked away to your room by a friendly bellman in a golf cart. Room is nice although I wouldn't call it high end Ritz style .... Balcony overlooking the water is awesome! The hotel grounds are beautifully maintained. The pool and beach areas are well stocked with fresh ice cold water and lots of beach towels. The attendants are happy to adjust your umbrella, bring you a towel or anything else you desire. The pool restaurant and bar is very well staffed. Minimal wait time on drinks or food. Also down at the beach you will find plenty of rafts, snorkeling gear and fins and a variety of other water sports ... All provided for your use through the resort fee. Free WiFi works well all over the property! We dined in all the restaurants service and food were all good. Highly recommend taking a ferry over to St. John and swimming in the beautiful waters of Trunk Bay. Otherwise stay on property and enjoy all the Ritz has to offer!

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views. Don't think you can go wrong. However if you want a short walk to...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear TravelLux2000,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our resort. I’m so pleased to read that you enjoyed our landscaping and facilities, and especially pleased that you recognized our team of Ladies and Gentlemen, who truly do whatever they can to create personalized and memorable experiences for all of our guests.

And thank you for bringing up the water sports on our beach, which as you mentioned are included in the resort fee. We offer snorkel gear, paddle boards, paddle boats, windsurfers and Hobie cats. We always encourage our guests to get out and explore Great Bay as much as possible!

Thank you again for your fantastic review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to
St. Thomas soon!

Bernd Kuhlen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
new hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was the 5 th time we have visited and love it more each time. Staff is friendly and accommodating. One thing I will say is I wish they didn't allow children. I have children of my own but they're grown and when I go on a vacation and stay at a ritz I don't appreciate the noise of kids screaming and older kids splashing me with noodles in the pool.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Islandgirl072,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest of our resort and for your great review! While our resort does welcome guests of all ages, we have a children’s pool and also offer children’s programs through our Ambassadors of the Environment Learning Center, which we hope helps to alleviate some of the noise from our littlest guests.

We’re excited to welcome you back to St. Thomas for your sixth stay with us!

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

After our reservation at the Elysian was canceled last minute, we were upgraded to the Ritz, and our vacation turned out to be absolutely wonderful. The resort is beautiful and huge! All the food at each restaurant is delicious. Very fresh seafood. The staff is very accommodating and so friendly, it was hard not to smile the entire trip! Our room was beautiful and had an amazing view and balcony. The beauty rest bed was heaven and housekeeping cleaned up the perfect amount to not invade your space. The location is great, 5 min from red hook. There is plenty to do. Our vacation turned out to be amazing thanks to the ritz. We will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear F873NCdanielam,

I’m so pleased that we could turn your vacation around, keep a smile on your face, and make it memorable! Thank you for the compliments about our grounds, our rooms, the food, and especially our team of Ladies and Gentlemen, who truly set us apart.

You’re always welcome at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, and we’re looking forward to having you again!

Tortola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

It was such a relief to have found a vacancy after our reservations that was made by our company had fallen threw. Our weekend started off very badly until we got a room at the ritz. From the moment we got out of the cab, we was greated by all sorts of very friendly staff. I do think it was a bit pricey for one night and it had just a few minor flaws which for the price I wouldn't have expected but I was very very happy with the night we had. I had no idea people could be so friendly and work so well as a team at a hotel. I can't wait to go back. We also had upgrade to club level which was the best part, I just wish we knew about this as we was waiting for our room to be ready. I also wanted a few things done at the hair salon which was impossible, with only one girl working. Also our mini fridge didn't work and I cut my finger trying to open it But sometimes those things won't bother you when everything else was so amazing. I'd definitely pay 1400$ again to be pampered at this beautiful resort.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Beachbody F,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your experience with us here in St. Thomas. I’m so pleased that you felt pampered and that we could turn your weekend around! I’m especially happy to read your comments about our outstanding team here. They truly do work as a team to ensure that our guests receive the genuine care and comfort for which The Ritz-Carlton is known.

Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff is wonderful, rooms are clean and very nice. Food was great. St Thomas is a terrific vacation spot. The weather is exceptional. In town there is lots to do and the snorkeling is awesome. I also recommend taking the ferry to St John. The beaches there are exceptional and the town is also very cute.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The most gracious and welcoming experience we have had in our many vacations. We have been blessed to visit some of the most extraordinary places and resorts in the world. My favorite is now the Ritz Carlton St. Thomas. Without exception, we were greeted warmly by each member of the staff on the property. As beautiful and immaculately kept as the grounds were, it is the warmth of the people we met that raised our experience above all others we have had. Everyone, from the staff members in the Club Lounge to the staff who cleaned our room to the bell and beach attendants, went out of their way to say hello and ask how our stay was.

I am especially grateful for the experiences we had at the Ambassadors of the Environment programs. Our family participated in the Night Snorkel and the Take Pictures, Leave Bubbles programs. I cannot say enough about Tyler, the leader of the programs. In preparation for participating, I spoke with him about my son’s interest in Marine Biology. He very patiently took the time to explain not only the Ritz programs available, but background information about Marine Science that might be interesting to my son. He also added additional information to his presentation about ocean conservation to address my son’s particular interest. I commend you on your excellent judgment in hiring someone who is such an articulate and enthusiastic spokesperson for the environment and who is capable of engaging both adults and children. My sons, aged 15 and 13, enjoyed the programs so much and specifically mentioned Tyler as one of the main reasons for their enjoyment of the programs.

All of the staff members of the Ambassadors program were helpful to us. When the Night Snorkel was almost fully booked, the staff at the desk made special arrangements to accommodate our whole family. My husband and I, who are not the capable swimmers that are sons are, both received assistance from Meghan and Amber during the programs.

Please express our sincere gratitude to all your staff members on our behalf. It has been a grueling winter here in New York. We returned to 16 degrees with a fresh attitude and perspective thanks to the experience we had at your resort. Our best wishes for your continued success!

Room Tip: Our suite was on the fifth floor of the building closest to the entrance to the bay. Our view was e...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear KristenMarie1,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your family’s experience at our resort. These kinds of unique and memorable experiences are exactly what we strive for as a hotel company, and I’m so happy that you have memories and a fresh perspective that will stay with you long after your stay with us.

Our Ambassadors of the Environment program is truly a special part of the resort experience, and I’m pleased you were able to participate in multiple programs geared at teaching guests about and the unique habitats we have in St. Thomas, on land and under the sea. I agree that Tyler and the team are extremely passionate and knowledgeable and I’ll be sure to share your review with the entire team.

Thank you again for visiting us, and for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to welcoming you back to St. Thomas. Stay warm!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had an amazing time visiting St Thomas and the Ritz-Carlton. The staff was so friendly and very accommodating - from the front staff to housekeeping. Everyone went out of their way to ensure we had an amazing time. We met a great staff member names Pieter. He talked to us about different things to do on the island and some history on the property. We ran into him again at dinner on out last night and he noticed that we were quite sunburned. By the end of our meal, we had a container filled with fresh cut aloe to help comfort our sunburn. He even had the gardener call our room the next morning to offer us more. That is going above and beyond and really making the Ritz, well the Ritz.

We loved our trip! The only thing that was difficult about our stay is that you couldn't really sleep in if you wanted a chair on the beach or pool. You have people that get up at the crack of dawn and save 5 pool chairs and you never see them until 1:00. That was very frustrating! Besides that, the infinity pool and small beach was quaint and perfect.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear KimmythePuma,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our resort. I’m especially happy to read that our team of Ladies and Gentlemen went above and beyond to ensure that you had a memorable stay! Regarding the beach and pool chairs, we discourage this and have a policy that chairs are released if left unused for an hour. I will be sure to follow up with the team. I will also pass your kind words along to Pieter. Our aloe here on property is the best defense against sun burns!

Thank you again for sharing, and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back to
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas!

Bernd Kuhlen

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas? Share your experiences!