“Heaven” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
new hampshire
“Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was the 5 th time we have visited and love it more each time. Staff is friendly and accommodating. One thing I will say is I wish they didn't allow children. I have children of my own but they're grown and when I go on a vacation and stay at a ritz I don't appreciate the noise of kids screaming and older kids splashing me with noodles in the pool.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

After our reservation at the Elysian was canceled last minute, we were upgraded to the Ritz, and our vacation turned out to be absolutely wonderful. The resort is beautiful and huge! All the food at each restaurant is delicious. Very fresh seafood. The staff is very accommodating and so friendly, it was hard not to smile the entire trip! Our room was beautiful and had an amazing view and balcony. The beauty rest bed was heaven and housekeeping cleaned up the perfect amount to not invade your space. The location is great, 5 min from red hook. There is plenty to do. Our vacation turned out to be amazing thanks to the ritz. We will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Tortola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was such a relief to have found a vacancy after our reservations that was made by our company had fallen threw. Our weekend started off very badly until we got a room at the ritz. From the moment we got out of the cab, we was greated by all sorts of very friendly staff. I do think it was a bit pricey for one night and it had just a few minor flaws which for the price I wouldn't have expected but I was very very happy with the night we had. I had no idea people could be so friendly and work so well as a team at a hotel. I can't wait to go back. We also had upgrade to club level which was the best part, I just wish we knew about this as we was waiting for our room to be ready. I also wanted a few things done at the hair salon which was impossible, with only one girl working. Also our mini fridge didn't work and I cut my finger trying to open it But sometimes those things won't bother you when everything else was so amazing. I'd definitely pay 1400$ again to be pampered at this beautiful resort.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Beachbody F,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your experience with us here in St. Thomas. I’m so pleased that you felt pampered and that we could turn your weekend around! I’m especially happy to read your comments about our outstanding team here. They truly do work as a team to ensure that our guests receive the genuine care and comfort for which The Ritz-Carlton is known.

Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff is wonderful, rooms are clean and very nice. Food was great. St Thomas is a terrific vacation spot. The weather is exceptional. In town there is lots to do and the snorkeling is awesome. I also recommend taking the ferry to St John. The beaches there are exceptional and the town is also very cute.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The most gracious and welcoming experience we have had in our many vacations. We have been blessed to visit some of the most extraordinary places and resorts in the world. My favorite is now the Ritz Carlton St. Thomas. Without exception, we were greeted warmly by each member of the staff on the property. As beautiful and immaculately kept as the grounds were, it is the warmth of the people we met that raised our experience above all others we have had. Everyone, from the staff members in the Club Lounge to the staff who cleaned our room to the bell and beach attendants, went out of their way to say hello and ask how our stay was.

I am especially grateful for the experiences we had at the Ambassadors of the Environment programs. Our family participated in the Night Snorkel and the Take Pictures, Leave Bubbles programs. I cannot say enough about Tyler, the leader of the programs. In preparation for participating, I spoke with him about my son’s interest in Marine Biology. He very patiently took the time to explain not only the Ritz programs available, but background information about Marine Science that might be interesting to my son. He also added additional information to his presentation about ocean conservation to address my son’s particular interest. I commend you on your excellent judgment in hiring someone who is such an articulate and enthusiastic spokesperson for the environment and who is capable of engaging both adults and children. My sons, aged 15 and 13, enjoyed the programs so much and specifically mentioned Tyler as one of the main reasons for their enjoyment of the programs.

All of the staff members of the Ambassadors program were helpful to us. When the Night Snorkel was almost fully booked, the staff at the desk made special arrangements to accommodate our whole family. My husband and I, who are not the capable swimmers that are sons are, both received assistance from Meghan and Amber during the programs.

Please express our sincere gratitude to all your staff members on our behalf. It has been a grueling winter here in New York. We returned to 16 degrees with a fresh attitude and perspective thanks to the experience we had at your resort. Our best wishes for your continued success!

Room Tip: Our suite was on the fifth floor of the building closest to the entrance to the bay. Our view was e...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear KristenMarie1,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your family’s experience at our resort. These kinds of unique and memorable experiences are exactly what we strive for as a hotel company, and I’m so happy that you have memories and a fresh perspective that will stay with you long after your stay with us.

Our Ambassadors of the Environment program is truly a special part of the resort experience, and I’m pleased you were able to participate in multiple programs geared at teaching guests about and the unique habitats we have in St. Thomas, on land and under the sea. I agree that Tyler and the team are extremely passionate and knowledgeable and I’ll be sure to share your review with the entire team.

Thank you again for visiting us, and for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to welcoming you back to St. Thomas. Stay warm!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had an amazing time visiting St Thomas and the Ritz-Carlton. The staff was so friendly and very accommodating - from the front staff to housekeeping. Everyone went out of their way to ensure we had an amazing time. We met a great staff member names Pieter. He talked to us about different things to do on the island and some history on the property. We ran into him again at dinner on out last night and he noticed that we were quite sunburned. By the end of our meal, we had a container filled with fresh cut aloe to help comfort our sunburn. He even had the gardener call our room the next morning to offer us more. That is going above and beyond and really making the Ritz, well the Ritz.

We loved our trip! The only thing that was difficult about our stay is that you couldn't really sleep in if you wanted a chair on the beach or pool. You have people that get up at the crack of dawn and save 5 pool chairs and you never see them until 1:00. That was very frustrating! Besides that, the infinity pool and small beach was quaint and perfect.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear KimmythePuma,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our resort. I’m especially happy to read that our team of Ladies and Gentlemen went above and beyond to ensure that you had a memorable stay! Regarding the beach and pool chairs, we discourage this and have a policy that chairs are released if left unused for an hour. I will be sure to follow up with the team. I will also pass your kind words along to Pieter. Our aloe here on property is the best defense against sun burns!

Thank you again for sharing, and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back to
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We came for a quick three night getaway during Presidents Day weekend. Arriving on a Saturday around 1pm, we were told our room wasn't ready, but they encouraged us to change and enjoy the pool and beach, which we did. A few hours later, we were told our room was ready. So we packed up and went to the room with the bellman. But when we showed up, it had even been cleaned. They were confused and sent us to the Club Lounge where we had to wait another hour for cleaning. They comped us dinner that evening, and we moved on from the incident ready to enjoy our vacation. However one of the managers, Katrin, dutifully tried to reach me each day. We never connected, but on the last day I received a note saying that she had removed our first night's charge, which was over $1000. I can't say that I expected it, but it was a great gesture and reflective of the generally great attitude of the staff. They are at times understaffed, but everyone from the bellmen, to the manage,net, to the cleaning staff, to the beach staff, were truly friendly and helpful. And contrary to the reports that the place is a bit dated, we found our room to be very nice and well appointed. The bathroom isn't brand new, but most things were updated. And the gym was very well appointed, good for a rainy day. Our kids had a great time on the beach, and we tried every activity, from paddle boarding, to kayaking, without ever needing to wait. And the whole beach staff were super friendly and even had to rescue my wife and daughter on their kayak on a windy day. They did it quickly and professionally. This probably is closer to four stars for the property and so-so food, but the service made up for it.

Room Tip: We had room 132, the least expensive room category, and really liked the room. It was in the Dahlia...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear UWSFoodFan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our resort. I’m especially happy to see that you enjoyed the service of our Ladies and Gentlemen, who as you mention are friendly, helpful and professional, even in the face of a difficult situation.

I’m also pleased that you enjoyed the resort and got to take advantage of our fitness center and excellent water sports. Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back to St. Thomas soon!

Bernd Kuhlen

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas? Share your experiences!