“Perfect ending to our bad weekend” 5 of 5 stars

$100 Resort Credit
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in St. Thomas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tortola
“Perfect ending to our bad weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It was such a relief to have found a vacancy after our reservations that was made by our company had fallen threw. Our weekend started off very badly until we got a room at the ritz. From the moment we got out of the cab, we was greated by all sorts of very friendly staff. I do think it was a bit pricey for one night and it had just a few minor flaws which for the price I wouldn't have expected but I was very very happy with the night we had. I had no idea people could be so friendly and work so well as a team at a hotel. I can't wait to go back. We also had upgrade to club level which was the best part, I just wish we knew about this as we was waiting for our room to be ready. I also wanted a few things done at the hair salon which was impossible, with only one girl working. Also our mini fridge didn't work and I cut my finger trying to open it But sometimes those things won't bother you when everything else was so amazing. I'd definitely pay 1400$ again to be pampered at this beautiful resort.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Beachbody F,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your experience with us here in St. Thomas. I’m so pleased that you felt pampered and that we could turn your weekend around! I’m especially happy to read your comments about our outstanding team here. They truly do work as a team to ensure that our guests receive the genuine care and comfort for which The Ritz-Carlton is known.

Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bernd Kuhlen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The staff is wonderful, rooms are clean and very nice. Food was great. St Thomas is a terrific vacation spot. The weather is exceptional. In town there is lots to do and the snorkeling is awesome. I also recommend taking the ferry to St John. The beaches there are exceptional and the town is also very cute.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The most gracious and welcoming experience we have had in our many vacations. We have been blessed to visit some of the most extraordinary places and resorts in the world. My favorite is now the Ritz Carlton St. Thomas. Without exception, we were greeted warmly by each member of the staff on the property. As beautiful and immaculately kept as the grounds were, it is the warmth of the people we met that raised our experience above all others we have had. Everyone, from the staff members in the Club Lounge to the staff who cleaned our room to the bell and beach attendants, went out of their way to say hello and ask how our stay was.

I am especially grateful for the experiences we had at the Ambassadors of the Environment programs. Our family participated in the Night Snorkel and the Take Pictures, Leave Bubbles programs. I cannot say enough about Tyler, the leader of the programs. In preparation for participating, I spoke with him about my son’s interest in Marine Biology. He very patiently took the time to explain not only the Ritz programs available, but background information about Marine Science that might be interesting to my son. He also added additional information to his presentation about ocean conservation to address my son’s particular interest. I commend you on your excellent judgment in hiring someone who is such an articulate and enthusiastic spokesperson for the environment and who is capable of engaging both adults and children. My sons, aged 15 and 13, enjoyed the programs so much and specifically mentioned Tyler as one of the main reasons for their enjoyment of the programs.

All of the staff members of the Ambassadors program were helpful to us. When the Night Snorkel was almost fully booked, the staff at the desk made special arrangements to accommodate our whole family. My husband and I, who are not the capable swimmers that are sons are, both received assistance from Meghan and Amber during the programs.

Please express our sincere gratitude to all your staff members on our behalf. It has been a grueling winter here in New York. We returned to 16 degrees with a fresh attitude and perspective thanks to the experience we had at your resort. Our best wishes for your continued success!

Room Tip: Our suite was on the fifth floor of the building closest to the entrance to the bay. Our view was e...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear KristenMarie1,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your family’s experience at our resort. These kinds of unique and memorable experiences are exactly what we strive for as a hotel company, and I’m so happy that you have memories and a fresh perspective that will stay with you long after your stay with us.

Our Ambassadors of the Environment program is truly a special part of the resort experience, and I’m pleased you were able to participate in multiple programs geared at teaching guests about and the unique habitats we have in St. Thomas, on land and under the sea. I agree that Tyler and the team are extremely passionate and knowledgeable and I’ll be sure to share your review with the entire team.

Thank you again for visiting us, and for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to welcoming you back to St. Thomas. Stay warm!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had an amazing time visiting St Thomas and the Ritz-Carlton. The staff was so friendly and very accommodating - from the front staff to housekeeping. Everyone went out of their way to ensure we had an amazing time. We met a great staff member names Pieter. He talked to us about different things to do on the island and some history on the property. We ran into him again at dinner on out last night and he noticed that we were quite sunburned. By the end of our meal, we had a container filled with fresh cut aloe to help comfort our sunburn. He even had the gardener call our room the next morning to offer us more. That is going above and beyond and really making the Ritz, well the Ritz.

We loved our trip! The only thing that was difficult about our stay is that you couldn't really sleep in if you wanted a chair on the beach or pool. You have people that get up at the crack of dawn and save 5 pool chairs and you never see them until 1:00. That was very frustrating! Besides that, the infinity pool and small beach was quaint and perfect.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We came for a quick three night getaway during Presidents Day weekend. Arriving on a Saturday around 1pm, we were told our room wasn't ready, but they encouraged us to change and enjoy the pool and beach, which we did. A few hours later, we were told our room was ready. So we packed up and went to the room with the bellman. But when we showed up, it had even been cleaned. They were confused and sent us to the Club Lounge where we had to wait another hour for cleaning. They comped us dinner that evening, and we moved on from the incident ready to enjoy our vacation. However one of the managers, Katrin, dutifully tried to reach me each day. We never connected, but on the last day I received a note saying that she had removed our first night's charge, which was over $1000. I can't say that I expected it, but it was a great gesture and reflective of the generally great attitude of the staff. They are at times understaffed, but everyone from the bellmen, to the manage,net, to the cleaning staff, to the beach staff, were truly friendly and helpful. And contrary to the reports that the place is a bit dated, we found our room to be very nice and well appointed. The bathroom isn't brand new, but most things were updated. And the gym was very well appointed, good for a rainy day. Our kids had a great time on the beach, and we tried every activity, from paddle boarding, to kayaking, without ever needing to wait. And the whole beach staff were super friendly and even had to rescue my wife and daughter on their kayak on a windy day. They did it quickly and professionally. This probably is closer to four stars for the property and so-so food, but the service made up for it.

Room Tip: We had room 132, the least expensive room category, and really liked the room. It was in the Dahlia...
Dear UWSFoodFan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our resort. I’m especially happy to see that you enjoyed the service of our Ladies and Gentlemen, who as you mention are friendly, helpful and professional, even in the face of a difficult situation.

I’m also pleased that you enjoyed the resort and got to take advantage of our fitness center and excellent water sports. Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back to St. Thomas soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were staying down the street in a villa and decided to go here for dinner one night on a recommendation. The grounds are absolutely stunning at night and are the views. We wanted Italian so we decided to try their new restaurant. I believe it is called Essenza. We sat outside with the views and stars. I have allergies and they were very accommodating and we had one of the best meals on our trip here. Great pasta and drinks were great also. The staff here were all fantastic! Will come back again.

Visited February 2015

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
STTRZGM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Intotheblue44,

Thank you for your kind words about your experience at our resort. We're very proud of Essenza, our new rustic Italian restaurant, and I’m so happy that you enjoyed the views and the delicious food and drinks. I’m always especially pleased to read about guests enjoyed the personalized experience and service, which I agree is outstanding. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Essenza and The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas soon!

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Went to St. T to get my little guy - 10 yrs old - certified to dive. Stayed at the Ritz. Patagon Dive shop was first class. Awesome dive instructor namer Erin made life easy and was a true natural with my son. She is a gifted instructor and everyone we met in the dive shop including owner Arnoldo (from Patagonia, Argentenia) was the best. We had a truly magical experience and would recommend it without reservation. Thank you Erin and Patagon Dive Shop for everything. Will definitely return.

Dear Rekha C,

I’m so pleased to see that you and your new little diver enjoyed the resort and your diving experience. I’ll be sure to relay your compliments onto Arnoldo, Erin and the rest of the team. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bernd Kuhlen

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas? Share your experiences!