“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 22 hotels in St. Thomas
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Beautiful hotel be prepared to do alot of walking, its a little spread out and there are lot of steps. But if you don't feel like walking they will pick you up in a golf cart for free. Plenty of free water sports including sailing. Rooms are clean and spacious. Food is good but service is pretty slow I guess that's called island time. Overall a very good experance.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid steps ask for building A or B. If you want a ocean view and don't mind step...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1,117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here for our Honeymoon, it was absolutely PERFECT! From the customer service, the dining, the spa treatments, and etc! I wish we would of gotten to stay longer and experience more! The whole atmosphere at The Ritz is impeccable. We were not able to check in right away because we were early. They did everything they could to get us checked in ASAP. The room was in the perfect location. All the water activities were awesome. The compliments from the Ritz for our Honeymoon was perfect! There is not one bad thing I could say about this place or the visit! The one thing I did wish we used was the pool, but we ended up just at the beach. The people at the spa are so genuine and was the best massage I have ever had, I guess it helped being right off the ocean!

Room Tip: We stayed at the far end facing the water sports, its remote but worth it! Beach front and private.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary. Beautiful, relaxing, great service.
The room was impeccable, the pool was relaxing, wonderful meals on the beach, walks at sunset, snorkeling, hobie cat sailing, cruise on the Lady Lynsay.
Best vacation ever! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

It couldn't have been more perfect. The wine and cheese sail on the Lady Lynsey was pleasant and fun; the staff is wonderful. I rented a car and learned I can indeed drive on the left. The hotel is nicely appointed and breakfast on the veranda is memorable. It's more luxury that I would normally treat myself to, but it was a great experience. I'm amused at the reviews from those who are so jaded as to find fault with a famously luxurious hotel on an island paradise. This is the example of the good life.

Room Tip: Take the sunset cruises on the Lady Lynsey.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, nicely kept (renovations going on now to some buildings), and the food is good. We went in mid-September so some of the restaurants were not open and the Lady Lynsdey was out of the water for the off-season. Just something to keep in mind if you go off-season.

However, the weather was perfect and the resort quiet. We had no troubles renting the equipment for windsurfing, snorkeling, and paddle boarding. The hobbie cats required previous sailing experience or an $85 lesson before you could take those out. The rental shop staff were amazing though and very nice.

The food was typical resort food. At $28 for fish tacos you expect them to be good but nothing really had a "wow-factor" to it. The same goes for all of the restaurants. We got lobster and steak and everyone enjoyed it but it wasn't until we went to Havana Blue offsite that we had a truly amazing meal. We did the buffet breakfast every morning and it was satisfying. They had the typical choices (European breakfast option, eggs, meat, bagels, oatmeal, etc.)

The rooms were clean and large. They smelled a bit musty but I think almost any room in the Caribbean will. The only problem we had was a large water puddle outside our door. The concierge was aware of it from the moment we got to our room because they delivered our bags but it was never fixed the entire time we were there. We just stepped over it every time we left the room. The water pressure and temperature were perfect though in the shower.

My friend used the spa services and said the massage was good but not worth the extra expense. I checked to see how much a nail polish change would be for my toes and nails (just a polish change, not a full mani/pedi) and it was $40 plus tax/gratuity. Some things I just find ridiculous.

The service overall was great. We had a few poolside attendees that took forever to come to us but we just went to the bar. One of them seemed to not care about us at all even after delivering our food and drinks but she was the only one. Everyone else was very nice and pleasant.

The view was amazing and since this trip was more about relaxing than anything else for us, I was very happy with this resort and coming during the off-season.

I liked the fact that you had to walk around the resort and that there were some hills because it was good exercise but if you hate walking or don't want to walk hills, this might not be a good resort for you.

Overall- I don't have many details because everything was overall good. If I didn't like to try new places, I would come here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We just had our honeymoon at the Ritz and we had an amazing time!! The staff really made our experience amazing from the moment you walk-in all the way to the maid leaving a personal note for me the day I was sick. You must try the grouper with the coconut curry sauce and the lobster macaroni and cheese. Also, you are 5 minutes away from the ferry that takes you to St. John in case you want a change of scenery. We knew the hotel would be doing renovations while we were there and it really did not bother us at all. We had an ocean view regular room and it was nice and the views are great! The property is very nice and unique, but I do have to agree with other reviewers that you don't necessarily feel like you're at a ritz. Again, it is very nice, and I would probably give it 5 stars if it was any other hotel chain, but it's the ritz brand and you expect the very best. Don't hesitate to stay here as we had such a great time, just don't expect it to be the nicest hotel you have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: We loved our view for a regular room and we were in the Dahlia building, 3rd floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Breath taking views with impeccable service. My husband and I had a wonderful time and I would definitely return. The property is pretty far from the Airport but it was worth the drive. We took a private book to BVI which I would recommend that everybody do.

Pros- Great views, friendly service, pools are 24hr, safe

Cons - if your a night owl the resort restaurants and bar close at midnight, food onsite is expensive

• Stayed September 2013

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas? Share your experiences!