“Mike and Bridget Will Treat You Right!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Morningstar Update: After Filming a Music Video on Morningstar with Jimmy Buffett last year, Morningstar grew even more in popularity! This year we have managed to add another Classic Sailing Ship to our Fleet. The 170 ft Sailing Ship "Mystic" is now available. Morningstar Sailing and Power Charters is now Taking reservations for Day Sails, Private Charters, Reunion Cruises and more! We can now perform weddings, corporate events, family reunions and much more. "Mystic" boast accommodations for up to 34 guests with air conditioned cabins, private restrooms, showers, on board concierge services, activities such as stand up paddle boarding, kayaking etc. a full commercial kitchen, cocktail lounge, free WiFi, music, room service and so much more! While Morningstar's day sail charter is still available to show you the beautiful cays, bays and beaches of the Caribbean and day filled with good times and beauty. we are now offering upgradeable options for those interested in hosting Group adventures in the Carribbean Sea" We can now do it all! Snorkel and explore the island of St John. Take a powerboat with customized itinerary to the BVI! Island hop to local beaches or venture out to Virgin Gorda, the Baths and beyond!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Mike and Bridget Will Treat You Right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Our trip to St. Thomas was complete when we took our daysail with Morningstar. They explained everything that was going on and provided whatever we needed or wanted. Mike's seamanship to avoid little oncoming rain squalls and keep us dry was amazing! We enjoyed snorkeling at Honeymoon Beach and saw turtles and a ray. When my husband swam away and left me, and I couldn't spot him, I swam back to the boat, where Mike immediately located him far up the beach and towed me on a wild and fun snorkel-surf with the motorized raft over to where my husband was. Bridget is cook, bartender, sailor, and even does maintenance. She was able to make a fast repair to a line just in time for Mike to tack. We can't wait to get back to St. Thomas and sail again!

Visited January 2014

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“An unforgettable Sailing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Morningstar charters truly shows you an Unforgettable time!! Bridget and mike make you feel like royalty, waiting on your every need. They have a full bar on the boat(their special drink is a pirates painkiller! I suggest trying it). My friend and I were on spring break visiting STJ and this by far was my favorite part of the trip. We went to honeymoon bay where there was phenomenal snorkeling and I was able to swim with turtles. When we got back on the boat they had the most delicious meal waiting. I just can't express how grateful I am for them making my trip! I highly suggest you take Morningstar charters If you want to have memorable experience of the islands! Literally.

Visited March 2014
Morningstarcharter, General Manager at Morningstar Sailing and Power Charters, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Katy G,
Thank you so much for the nice review! It was a pleasure having you with us! Next time we will get you closer to those dolphins so you can enjoy their company. Enjoy yourself in SC and remember us down here in the islands... Can't wait for your next visit! Actually, literally, totally...
Boxborough, Massachusetts
“Incredible day of Sailing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We planned a sailing excursion with Morningstar and had the pleasure of having Matt and Bridget be our crew. Our adventure included myself, my husband and my 90 year old father-in-law. Matt and Bridget made not only our day memorable, but my father-in-law's even more so! They both were patient and kind, knowledgeable, engaging and pretty much let us do whatever we wanted. They let us take the helm when we wanted to (we are all sailors) and took us to Honeymoon Beach on St. John for a nice beach outing, and then to Lovongo Island for lunch on board and a great snorkel. I cannot say enough about the whole experience -- the combination of Bridget and Matt's attentiveness, professionalism, low-key approach -- the sunny skies and blue-green caribbean waters -- all put together was a memorable and great experience. Next time we are either in the USVI or BVI we will contact Morningstar again!!!!

Visited March 2014
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I went sailing with Mike and Bridget on Morningstar. We couldn't have asked for a better trip. They were extremely knowledgeable about various islands, sailing, and the history of USVi. They took us to the most incredible snorkeling spot, filled with fish, coral, sand dollars, and we even saw a ray! I highly recommend a day sail with Morningstar charters you won't regret it!! By far the best trip we've ever taken we can't wait to go back!

Visited January 2014
Andover, NJ
“Great way to spend the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our day with Morningstar Charters and Mike and Bridget was wonderful. We sailed from St John to Jost Van Dyke, spent a couple hours there and returned. Mike and Bridget were so attentive, professional and sweet. They made the trip a memorable experience for us all. Thank you!