“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Morningstar Update: After Filming a Music Video on Morningstar with Jimmy Buffett last year, Morningstar grew even more in popularity! This year we have managed to add another Classic Sailing Ship to our Fleet. The 170 ft Sailing Ship "Mystic" is now available. Morningstar Sailing and Power Charters is now Taking reservations for Day Sails, Private Charters, Reunion Cruises and more! We can now perform weddings, corporate events, family reunions and much more. "Mystic" boast accommodations for up to 34 guests with air conditioned cabins, private restrooms, showers, on board concierge services, activities such as stand up paddle boarding, kayaking etc. a full commercial kitchen, cocktail lounge, free WiFi, music, room service and so much more! While Morningstar's day sail charter is still available to show you the beautiful cays, bays and beaches of the Caribbean and day filled with good times and beauty. we are now offering upgradeable options for those interested in hosting Group adventures in the Carribbean Sea" We can now do it all! Snorkel and explore the island of St John. Take a powerboat with customized itinerary to the BVI! Island hop to local beaches or venture out to Virgin Gorda, the Baths and beyond!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Cruz Bay, St. John
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Morningstar charters has recently added a powerboat to their fleet! It's called seven stars. It was great! Captain Mike Rose took us to pussers in marina cay and to sandy spit for some swimming and finally white bay in jost van dyke. We had a great day. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. I've been aboard their sailboats in the past and first mate, Bridget always goes above and beyond to ensure everyone is having the best time possible

Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“What a great day!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

What a relaxing day away from the crowds of the cruise ship we were on. Mike and Steve were great and it was just us and one other couple. We took a laid back sail over to St. John to Honeymoon beach were we snorkeled and had lunch on the beautiful old wood sail boat. Lunch was excellent and the beach was gorgeous!! Thanks for a great day!! The rates are extremely reasonable for 6 hours and lunch. Oh yeah, did I mention the open bar all day??

Visited January 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
34 attraction reviews
“Fantastic sail with a fantastic crew and food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The sailing experience with Morningstar Charters greatly exceeded our expectations! For starters, the operation was very well-run, with a focus on safety and fun. The experience started with Mike picking us up in a dingy at the steps in front of Jack's Restaurant. After boarding the sailboat, we met Mike's girlfriend Bridget and they ran us through a safety briefing, before setting sail. Mike and Bridget were overly-generous with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The sailboat was very comfortable and well-maintained. The sail from St. Thomas to Honeymoon Beach on St. John was incredible! The best part is that we actually sailed!!!! A lot of "sailboat charters" in the Caribbean use their sailboat's engine instead of the sails. Morningstar Charters gave us the true sailing experience with wind, not fuel =) We anchored to a buoy off of Honeymoon Beach and were given the option of staying on the sailboat, riding the dingy to shore or just snorkeling. My wife and I opted to snorkel to shore and then walk down the beach as well. There were wild donkeys on the island that acted domesticated. The beach was incredible and was not crowded. We had plenty of time to enjoy the experience, before returning to the sailboat for a fantastic lunch! The chicken, veggies, corn and roll were fantastic! They were grilled fresh on a grill on the back of the sailboat! They even sell their special seasoning, so that you can try to replicate it at home =) After eating we sailed back to St. Thomas. I can't think of how the experience could have been any better. It's apparent that Morningstar Charters is well-managed and we will definitely sail with Morningstar again! We were actually so impressed that we booked another trip aboard a power boat to go to Jost Van Dyke. We were originally just going to ride the ferry to Jost but decided that doing another trip with this company would take the guess work out of finding a taxi on Jost, etc. I have also documented the Morningstar Charters sailing experience in video format! Please feel free to watch my video and see for yourself how awesome the Morningstar Charters sailing experience is =)

IrixGuy's Morningstar Charters Review Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av6Js9HsXTE

Visited February 2013
Boonville, Missouri
“Great SailngTrip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Bridget and Captain Mike were most capable and fun to be with. Snorkeling was fun and beautiful. Food was delicious. Morningstar was most willing and able to please. Great fun!

Visited January 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
16 attraction reviews
“BOOK THIS TRIP- you WILL love it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This trip was something I really wanted to do with my family. Looking at the price, I was hesitant. I read all of the amazing reviews and decided, what the heck- you only live once! I booked their full day sail.

I soon found out that Morningstar Charters in number one for so many reason:
1-) The crew makes the trip! They are fun, helpful and informative. Captain Mike? and First Mate Josh ran that boat like the professionals that they are. They told silly tales to my 9 year old daughter and chatted it up with my husband. And, they gave me extra pillows to make sure I was comfy.
2-) The boat was beautiful. It's kinda odd that I am saying this since the boat was recently stripped of all paint right before out trip. But, it was a beautiful sailboat just the same. I only wish I got a glimpse of her in her newly finished state.
3-) The semi-private tour makes this trip relaxing. My family of three accounted for the total of 5 guest. We felt special and well taken care of. We all knew each other by the end of the day. Getting away from the crowds of the big tour companies is the way to do it.
4-) The food was delicious! They were able to easily feed the three "regular" eaters, one vegetarian and a 9-year old in on well appointed spread. The chicken and veggies.were freshly grilled on a BBQ at the back of the boat. Rolls were warm and drinks were plentiful.
5-) The locations they take you to are what pictures are made of. Enough said.

Seriously, book this trip before it's full. You will not regret it.

Visited October 2012