“Excellent Meal it a Great Setting” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Glen Head, New York, United States
“Excellent Meal it a Great Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Okay - so this restaurant is NOT on the water and offers NO spectacular views. In lieu of that, prepare yourself for a great meal in a lovely restaurant with lots of atmosphere. The walls are covered in art. Whether good or bad I will leave to the viewer, but it does have a great appeal to me.

We went here with friends for dinner one evening. We enjoyed some wine and shared some appetizers (the calamari was to die for) and leisurely moved on to the entrees. Two of us had the Veal Saltimbocca (a weakness of mine and it was great :-). My wife had the canneloni romana stuffed with spinach & veal in a Romano Cheese sauce. She raved about it and wouldn't share! Our fourth ordered a local fish special and he was quite happy with that as well.

The service was a tad slow and that is what cost them a star. Other than that, a truly fine dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Buffalo, New York
“Excellent Italian- our favorite restaurant in St. Thomas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I recently went to Virgilios's while on our honeymoon and the food was exceptional! Having been to Italy, I can honestly say the food here is right up there with the best in Italy. We loved it so much we went back on our last night in St. Thomas! The service was excellent as well- such friendly and attentive hosts and waiters!

The first night we went, we started with the fried mozzarella, which melted in your mouth! For an entree, my husband had Osso Bucco, which he said was unlike any Osso Bucco he ever ate- he loved it so much he went back to thank the chef! I had pesto pasta which was decadent! We finished with the tiramisu, which I don't typically like, but this was heavenly! The second night, we started with Gnocchi, which was so good I wished I had it for the meal. Both our meals again were outstanding. Also, both nights when we left, they called a cab for us and got us when it arrived-such hospitality! Again, we had tiramisu and a cappucino- delicioso!

If you like Italian you MUST try Virgilios! It was by far our favorite restaurant in St. Thomas. I honestly cannot say enough about it, other than I cannot wait to go back to USVI so we can go there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Memphis, Tennessee
“YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Sounds crazy to go for italian in the virgin islands but im SO glad we did. My husband made reservations here bc it was my birthday and i love gnocchi and they make it fresh... it was AMAZING... i ordered it as the special appetizer and then ended up getting it for my meal also! The bananas flambé desert was a close second... wasnt very busy when we went.. service was great and they were extremely accommodating to any "special requests" if your one of those :) the decor will keep the conversation up and i highly recommend this place!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clifton Park, New York
“our favorite meal on vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

the food was exceptional, we went at 4pm and the lunch menu was still being served. this worked well for us because the menu prices are steep and servings were very large. we could never have finished a dinner sized serving. everything is very fresh and perfectly prepared. and dont miss the tiramisu - it was maybe the best Ive had.

Visited January 2013
ROANOKE VA
“Not Empressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Poor service and just ok food. Very pricey for average pasta. Waiter was not interested in good service. I think it was because he added his own $80 tip and felt why earn it. Not worth the money or trip.

Visited November 2012