“25th Anniversary Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 181 restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Mim’s Seaside Bistro is a beautiful oceanfront restaurant in St. Thomas that specializes in fresh seafood dishes. With house specialties including coconut curry lobster, baked stuffed lobster and conch fritters, Mim’s is a little slice of heaven for seafood lovers. We offer everything from king crab legs and fresh fish to chicken wings and creative pasta dishes. Our two large patios are the perfect setting for a relaxing dinner by the ocean, and our location right on the beach at Bolongo Bay gives us access to the best sunset view around.To get your appetite going, choose from our lobster and crab dip, coconut shrimp or calamari appetizers. For the main event, pick from one of our countless seafood dishes like the Grilled Mahi Mahi, King Crab Legs or Breaded Sea Scallops. For those who don’t particularly enjoy fish, we have plenty of non-seafood options to choose from. Try our stuffed artichoke hearts, fried brie, chicken alfredo pasta or one of our juicy steaks. Enjoy the island breeze while sipping a beer or one of our unique cocktails, from the always-popular Caribbean Margarita to the more daring Sex on the Beach in Winter or Beach Bar Bomber. Make sure to save room for our Key Lime Pie or Butterscotch Walnut Bread Pudding.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“25th Anniversary Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Excellent food and service. It rained while we were at an outside table, but we salvaged the meal and ran inside. Good fun and no big deal!!

Visited October 2012
mimdefreitas, Owner at Mim's Seaside Bistro, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Happy 25th Anniversary Kathy! I'm glad to know the rain didn't dampen your spirits. Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure serving you, and I look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

72% Recommend
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good food nice setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Make reservations if you want to be seated quickly, especially on Thursday nights for the all you can eat shrimp. We indulged in that meal and were not dissapointed. It's just simple boiled shrimp seasoned with Old Bay but it was really tasty. Forget the fries and the corn and eat to your heart's content. But try the bread which was a perfect compliment to the spicy shrimp. The drinks were excellent too. Hubby had Mim's Punch and really liked it.

Visited November 2012
Thanks so much for your review. It's nice to know you appreciate our classic approach to cooking shrimp. We make sure to to season it simply so that the natural shrimp flavor really shines.

How was your trip to St. Thomas? I hope you had a great time, and I hope you get a chance to visit again soon.

All the best,
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

price and quality were great. Chicken parm and scallops were just right. Pork and fish entree were great along with great desserts

Visited November 2012
mimdefreitas, Owner at Mim's Seaside Bistro, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thanks! I'm pleased to hear the dishes you tried tasted just right. As a small family business, we treat our guests like family too and want them to have a wonderful experience here.

How was your trip to St. Thomas? I hope you had a great time, and I look forward to your next visit.

Take care,
Mooresville, IN
“Fantastic Food and Atmosphere!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were in St Thomas last week and this was our "last supper" on the Island. I believe we saved the best for last. I shared the medium cocount curry lobster and loved it. I also had the lobster and crab dip apetizer and thought is was great. There were 8 in our party and everyone liked or loved the entrees and apetizers. We really enjoyed the views - right on the beach. We met the owner and I have to say she was awesome - she was so personable and fun!!! We will definetly go back there on our next stay. We had so much fun - after dinner we did a shot - or two (hehe) called the "panty dropper". Can't wait to come back next year - thanks Mim for making our night a memorable one.

Note: There are not alot of signs where you can park, we asked someone in the parking lot and they directed us to parking lot.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mimdefreitas, Owner at Mim's Seaside Bistro, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hi Peyton,

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure meeting you the other day. I'm thrilled to hear that we were the highlight of your trip to St. Thomas! We want all our guests to have a special and memorable experience here, so I'm so happy to know you and your friends had such a good time.

Looking forward to seeing you again next year! We'll be sure to have a round of "panty droppers" ready for you! :)

Take care,
Mim
Ohio
“Selection is everything”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Well, I guess a filet mignon wasn't the best choice at this restaurant despite the waitress's affirmation that it would be "perfect.", Far from it. Three of us had steak (tired of fish). One of the three was tender. The others had gristle and were very difficult to eat, much less enjoy. The restaurant does sit right on the water, but the lack of sufficient light and ambiance takes this place off my "do-over" list. Others say they've experienced good meals, but I've visited twice and won't try again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
mimdefreitas, Owner at Mim's Seaside Bistro, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi Susie,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm truly sorry you didn't enjoy your meal here. While we're known for our lobster and seafood, we try to make sure our filet mignon is just as tender and delicious. Accordingly, I'm disappointed to hear yours was tough. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to the chef so that we can improve going forward.

Thanks,