“Good food but needs better ventilation inside.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 186 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Good food but needs better ventilation inside.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011 via mobile

Food and service were good but sitting inside close to the kitchen heat was pouring off of the roof down on top of us. I would recommend eating outside if possible. Beware tables in the center of room.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Perfect evening with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011 via mobile

I have to say this was the best of all they places we had dinner during our week in st. Thomas. The service surpassed my expectation and the staff was very helpful with meal selection. The food quality and quantity was also better than expected for the price. Overall this is the one you don't want to miss.

Honolulu
“AMAZING FOOD & SERVICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

A good friend of mine had told me if I wanted excellent food with a local setting to check out Hook, Line & Sinker....all I can say is he was RIGHT! I went for dinner with 2 friends and we were greeted immediately upon entering the restaurant. The atmosphere is very cool and laid back. The view of the boats in the harbor were really cool to look at also. We had the BEST server that evening and I wish I would have remembered her name but she was AMAZING. She told us of the specials that evening. My friends and I all ordered a glass of wine, our own individual appetizers, 3 of the different entree specials along with dessert and the total for everything was awesome! It is very rare to find a great restaurant on St Thomas where you are not treated like a tourist and having to pay high prices for food. Thank you to our excellent server that evening. She was great and I will definitely be back to eat dinner there and will make sure that I highly recommend Hook, Line & Sinker to everyone who is looking for wonderful food and service!

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Chicago
“Good food in a very casual atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

we came here after it rained so it was a little muggy and set back a bit than expected from the main street. My fish wasn't what i expected but i think it was probably yummy if you like a fishy tasting fish - she said it was similiar to tilapia. My husband ate some conch special that he liked. the wood table was sticky & felt dirty - probably because of the humidity. I probably wouldn't go there again as there are other places i liked better.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Playa Del Rey, Ca
“mmmmmmmmmmm Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I was here on vacation and we stayed at
At Home In the Tropics Bed and Breakfast Inn and the owner Pam had a menu book out for her guests and this restaurants menu was in the book. I was looking at the entire menu studying it and thinking about what I would want to eat. Another one of the guests staying at the Inn had eaten here the night before raving about how delicious it is. I thought I better go and check it out. Well....

WOW!
I had Muscles with a diablo sauce for an appetizer. The muscles are usually prepared with butter and wine. I told the server that I had very bad allergies and could not have milk and she said hang on one sec and she ran back to the chef and came back and told me we can make you muscles in a diablo sauce. It was a spicy tomato sauce with wine, not too spicy. Just right.

For dinner I had the almond crusted yellowtail. This dish was so yummy. It was melting in my mouth. It was served with veggies. This was the first time I have ever tried almonds on fish. The fish was just perfectly prepared not too dry and not too under cooked just PERFECT.

The service was amazing! I suggest making a reservation. The evening that we went it was really busy so we made a reservation. We sat at the bar while we waited for our table and I asked the bar tender for a tropical drink and he whipped up the most delicious fruity cocktail with blended ice. mmmmm

We had a window seat with the boats right beside us and French Town is so cute .

I hope to make it back to St. Thomas again and i will def go back here :)

• Visited March 2011