“Yummy. Get the iguana sauce!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #85 of 198 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: What separates Beni Iguana’s most from other sushi bars, besides our great sushi and large fish portions, are our mussels. In fact, we guarantee you will love our mussels just as much as you will love our famous Iguana Sauce. Our Iguana Sauce was originally designed for our veggie rolls and salads, but our patrons started using it for everything else on our menu. In fact, this much sought-after condiment is quickly becoming expected by our regulars. Come in to try our savory dishes that everyone enjoys so much.
Ohio
“Yummy. Get the iguana sauce!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Good sushi. Filled 2 of us up for under $50. Was only place we enjoyed in St Thomas. We werent shopping. Store employees not friendly at all. I dont think they like the cruise ships or they hate the business. Sushi place was very friendly. Fresh food too. Americans working here were very nice.

Phoenix, Arizona
“AMMMMAAAAZING Mussels!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had the pleasure of eating at Beni Iguana's this last week. Let me just say, the mussels were the best I've ever eaten. As a traveler and a food and beverage trainer, I tell restaurants that I am helping, what will be the one dish people will go home and crave from your menu. Beni Iguanas mussels are that for me. They alone, will bring me back to St Thomas. I'm not sure what that yellow sauce is that is on the table, but what I do know, is it is delicious. And the hot saki wasn't bad either!
Atmoshphere is clean and inviting and the service was good. If you're in St Thomas and looking for some sushi, this is your place!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Todd R, Owner at Beni Iguana's Sushi Bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Wow, the best you've ever eaten! I'm so happy to hear you loved the mussels that much. I'm honored to know you'd come back to St. Thomas just to try them again. Hope you get a chance to dine with us again soon!

All the best,
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Second time just as good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The first time was a pleasant suprise and the second time was even better. I had the world famous mussels and this time I bought the iguana sauce. The sushi was great and very filling. Great service and great food. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Can't wait to have you back either! I'm so happy to know the second time was even better than the first. Thanks so much for your review, and I hope to see you back again soon.

All the best,
St. Thomas
“Sushi = Art at Beni Iguana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My favorite, bar none sushi on the planet. Do not miss the white tuna, and don't just eat it, s-a-v-o-r it and do this slowly. Wow. It's an occasion of sin, but wait it's not fattening! So enjoy and check your guilt at he door.
ooooh and definitely have the mussels. Definately.
Even something as simple as the edamame is deicious.
I prefer the Airconditioning, but the patio is nice too and you can check out the mega yachts in the harbor.
The only thing I don't like is the mandatory 18% tip, but the service is usually quite good, but all the same, I'd probably tip 20% if that mandatory number didn't exist.
The shy owner Is also the chef and he is 100% dedicated to excellent fresh, delicious, and artful sushi. Enjoy! Eat all you want. You can go for an after dinner walk through Yacht Haven Grande right next door.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks so much for your review. I'm honored to know we're your "favorite, bar none sushi on the planet." I really am dedicated to serving delicious and artful sushi, so it's nice of you to recognize and appreciate that. Next time you're in the mood to s-a-v-o-r our food, be sure to stop by!

Take care,
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Love the rolls! The tempura roll is addicting. Have been coming back for years. You will not regret it. Oh get some mussels too.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks! I appreciate all your support over the years. Looking forward to your next meal with us!

Best,